• Fri., March 2 - First Friday's Global Impact Training Institute will begin at 6
p.m. in the hotel's Atlantic/Hudson Room. Scheduled for the first Friday of
every month, the event will feature "fellowship, worship, word, and
• Fri., March 2 - The Global Impact Training Institute will be followed, at 8 p.m.
by "The Color Purple at First Friday New Jersey," an evening of
dialogue, networking, and beginning new relationships.
• Sat., March 3 - The first weekend in March continues with the Red & Black
Ball, an annual event presented by Jeffrey D. Cleveland. Festivities will
begin at 9 p.m.
• Fri., March 9 - The annual Newark Association of Mathematics Educators
(NAME) Fundraiser Dance will kick off at 7 p.m.
• Fri., March 16 - The Global Impact Training Institute, presented by Jesse
McCree Ministries, Inc. will begin at 6 p.m. The program focuses on
involving the community and faith-based leadership in the restorative
process of young people.
• Fri., March 16 - "3rd Friday New Jersey," adult networking and afterparty,
will be held in the hotel's Maize Restaurant. The event, co-hosted by Joe
Chandler and Eric Livsey, will be highlighted by a Pisces/Aries birthday
celebration and music by Stephon Johnson.
• Sun., March 18 - JT Productions presents the 23rd Annual Ms. Full-Figured
USA Pageant and Fashion Show, beginning at 6 p.m. Judges will award
$5,000 in cash and prizes to the titlists in three categories, including Ms.
• Sat., March 24 - La Explosiva Productions Dance will begin at 8 p.m., an
event that will bring Jason "El Chivito de la Bachata," the number one - and
youngest - bachata artist to Newark.
• Sun., March 25 - "Hair Game," the 2012 Hair Show, will feature top salons
and designers, beginning at 5 p.m.
For more information on these and other events, the Best Western Robert Treat Hotel can be reached at (973) 622-1000.