• Veeam Software, innovative provider of data protection, disaster recovery and management solutions for virtual data centre environments, is adding support for Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server to its award-winning Veeam ONE solution for VMware. Veeam ONE v6 brings technology proven in nearly 10,000 customer sites to Hyper-V, in a single solution that includes real-time monitoring, documentation and management reporting.
• As an integrated solution built from the power of Veeam Monitor, Veeam Reporter and Veeam Business View, Veeam ONE is well-suited for IT professionals in small and medium businesses (SMBs) who often work under budget and staff constraints. In particular, Veeam ONE brings capabilities to Hyper-V that address critical virtualization challenges:
o Real-time monitoring
o Efficient allocation of resources
o Documentation of the virtual infrastructure
o Management reporting for performance, utilisation and workload
• Veeam ONE is framework-independent and easy to deploy and manage. Unlike other products that monitor only a few performance metrics in Hyper-V environments, Veeam ONE monitors more than 60 metrics. It also offers granular alarms that pinpoint the virtual machine on which an alert is occurring and includes integrated monitoring of Cluster Shared Volumes (CSVs).
• In addition to introducing Hyper-V support, Veeam ONE v6 will include new features that enhance its ease-of-use and offer even more powerful virtualisation management capabilities.
• Veeam ONE is available as a standalone product and also as part of Veeam Essentials and the Veeam Management Suite, offerings that bundle Veeam ONE with Veeam Backup & Replication to provide a comprehensive virtualisation management and data protection solution.
• Veeam Essentials is offered for environments with two, four or six sockets, making it an affordable option for virtual infrastructures with a few hosts. Its capabilities include:
o 2-in-1 backup and replication, for fast, flexible and reliable recovery of virtualised applications and data in a single solution
o 24x7 real-time monitoring with built-in intelligence for fast troubleshooting and problem resolution
o Documentation and management reporting with flexible automation that saves administrator time and effort
Edwin Yuen, Director, Microsoft
“In the fast-growing number of organisations that rely on Windows Server Hyper-V, many also have other hypervisors and need to manage these heterogeneous environments. Veeam saw the need for a single management solution for the SMB market, and now Veeam ONE will provide support for Windows Server Hyper-V.”
Mark Bowker, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
“Increasingly, we’re seeing IT operations that are adopting hypervisors depending on their needs for a specific environment. It is beneficial if administrators have a single tool that can manage more than one environment. Veeam ONE extends its value across a heterogeneous IT environment by leveraging existing skill sets, enabling IT to rapidly change or expand hypervisor platforms with a high degree of confidence.”
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
“Organisations are continuing rapid adoption of Windows Server Hyper-V. This is reflected in the interest we’ve seen for our Hyper-V support in Veeam Backup & Replication. Now that we are extending this support to Veeam ONE, we are able to offer a comprehensive management and data protection solution for Hyper-V. It is important for all customers, regardless of which virtualisation platform they’re using, to have the right tools to monitor and manage their environments. We also understand that these tools need to be affordable and easy to use.”
Availability & Pricing:
Veeam ONE v6 is currently in beta and is expected to be available in the second quarter of 2012. North American pricing (MSRP) is $450 USD per socket. For more information, visit: http://go.veeam.com/
Veeam Essentials is sold in two-socket bundles. North American pricing (MSRP) is $1,300 USD per two-socket bundle for Enterprise Edition and $700 USD per two-socket bundle for Standard Edition. Customers who purchase Veeam Essentials for Hyper-V now will receive the same number of licenses for Veeam ONE at no additional charge when v6 is generally available. For more information, visit: http://www.veeam.com/
Connect with Veeam:
• Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/
• News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation management and data protection. Veeam Backup & Replication™