Of the 10 finalists, two award winners each will get named in the Immigrant Entrepreneur and Immigrant Professional Excellence categories, while one receives recognition as an Immigrant Advocate. Dallas County Commissioner Dr. Elba Garcia will receive the Immigrant Spirit Award.
“We meet immigrants when they first decide to make the United States their new home,” said Ann Badmus, founding member of the Badmus Law Firm. “So it’s rewarding to honor these accomplished individuals with much-deserved recognition. Their stories show strength and determination in overcoming major challenges.”
This year’s nominees include a diverse group of achievers – all of whom turned ideas and creativity into successes. They include:
• Fernando Andrade, president and CEO, GSR Andrade Architects Inc.
• Joyce Brown, founder and CEO, EFW Montessori School Inc.
• Sante Chary, CEO, U.S. Physicians Resources
• Neha Kunta, president and CEO, MNK Infotech
• Sandya George, CEO, Wonderland Montessori Academy of McKinney
• Olubayo A. Idowu, M.D. FACP
• Douglas Interiano, president, Proyecto Inmigrante ICS Inc.
• Juan Miguel Lopez, CEO, Mito Financial
• Mosaic Family Services
• Juan J. Williams, CEO, Nvisionit Financial Solutions
Winners will be announced on Thursday, March 22, at the Addison Conference and Theatre Center, 15650 Addison Rd., in Addison, Texas. The luncheon starts at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are available at http://immigrantjourney2012.eventbrite.com/
Featured speaker for the second-annual event is Raul Magdaleno, director of diversity and community engagement at Southern Methodist University Meadows School of Arts and a 2004 Congressional Medal of Honor recipient.
Previous Immigrant Journey Awards winners include Jose Fuentes and Gloria Rubio, owners of Gloria’s Restaurants;
# # #
Based in Dallas, Badmus Law Firm focuses exclusively on immigration and naturalization law. Since 1993, the firm’s legal team has helped thousands of people get government approval to live and work in the United States. For more information, visit http://www.badmuslaw.com.