Key features of the report
* The rationale for offshore wind including discussion of climate change issues, related policy, as well as mainstream alternatives.
* Description of an offshore wind development from start to finish, with all critical areas covered from surveying to operations and maintenance. Case studies and cost structures are included for the first time.
* Discussion of all critical markets for offshore wind including the UK, Germany and China. For each country, information is provided on development to date, national policies and financial incentives.
* An all new commercial insights section, which highlights emerging trends and potential bottlenecks in the emerging offshore wind sector. Discussion points include the increasing scale of offshore wind farms and vessel build programmes.
* Historic data and five year forecasts covering the period from 2007 to 2016. A detailed comparison with the previous edition is included, highlighting development over the last year. Capital expenditures are broken down to a more granular level and operations and maintenance costs are included for the first time. market to market
Offshore wind continues to ramp up
With more than 3GW of offshore wind capacity installed, and more than 2GW in the construction phase, offshore wind is becoming a mainstream renewable power generation sector. The supply chain is experiencing a period of growth and is becoming increasingly differentiated from the onshore wind industry. With offshore wind moving into an industrialisation phase, major new opportunities are becoming apparent.
Technology and market dynamics
Clear and concise background is provided, covering each sequential step in an offshore wind development. All market segments are covered including offshore wind turbines, foundations, array cables, export cables, offshore substations and their associated installation methods. For each segment, supply chain players and interrelationships are detailed, along with case studies.
As the offshore wind sector enters a major growth phase, it is important to understand industry trends, potential constraints and implications. The commercial analysis in this section includes coverage of costs, development issues, supply chain, operational issues and new technologies.
Unique market forecasts
Using the same bottom-up modelling process, adopted for other reports in this series, the new offshore wind report presents a five-year market forecast for activity from 2012 to 2016. Five years historic data is also included for comparison.
With a decade of market modelling experience in this sector, DW maintains a comprehensive in-house database of projects worldwide. Each proposed offshore wind farm worldwide is assessed and unique and detailed market information given. All forecasts are based upon individual projects rather than estimations.
The report provides forecasts of annual Capex, Opex and installed capacity split by country, number, size and type of turbines, foundations, cables and substations. Market requirements for installation, operations and maintenance vessels are also provided, together with a new more granular breakdown of capital expenditure.
For more information kindly visit :
The World Offshore Wind Market Forecast 2012-2016
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/
# # #
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading business information aggregator providing market research reports and online databases. Bharatbook is also into the business of marketing conferences worldwide and undertakes custom research.