In this one off awareness week, each day a video will be uploaded to www.rbli.co.uk. LifeWorks delegates will highlight some of the challenges the transition to civilian life can bring, particularly for those who have incurred injury or ill health.
“LifeWorks Journey Week (http://www.rbli.co.uk/
RBLI, supported by ABF the soldiers’ charity, developed LifeWorks to address these important issues; Shaun continues, “LifeWorks is about supporting veterans to make appropriate decisions in finding about work and suitable jobs in which they can use their skills. The course boosts confidence and raises awareness of the many transferable skills which are valued outside of the Services. LifeWorks recognises the skills delegates possess and finds the right language to express them. For example general military skills and responsibilities are easily transferrable to many industries including supervisory or management roles, close protection, security, engineering and communications etc.”
Tailored for the individual, LifeWorks is in most cases fully funded regardless of when delegates served or length of service. The course, designed to be easily accessible, can be accessed by phone, or alternatively at RBLI’s excellent residential training facility where delegates will:
• Identify, recognise and develop transferable skills and experience
• Build a winning CV reflecting skills and training gained in the Armed Forces
• Learn how to be successful at interview through real interview experience in a range of industries
• Maximise employment potential for a successful and sustainable career in Civvy Street
• Receive ongoing guidance to meet the challenges and opportunities ahead
To see the latest LifeWorks Journey Week videos, visit http://www.youtube.com/
# # #
With strong link to the Armed Forces community, RBLI's aim is to enable individuals who are disadvantaged by disability, health condition or social welfare need, to achieve independence and success.