1. FREE: Get the book “Effective Counseling Skills” by Daniel Keeran, MSW, into your local library. To do this, make a “book purchase request” or suggestion on your local library website, and then ask them to notify you and hold it for you to pick-up. This will also allow others in your community to read it when you are finished. In your request to your library, be sure to include the link in number 3 below.
2. GET THE PDF file for a nominal fee ($10.89): You can request the book here (copy and paste in browser) https://www.paypal.com/
3. DISCOUNT: The hard copy for your own home or office library is available at a time-limited 39% discount here http://www.amazon.com/
4. FREE: Borrow it through interlibrary loan at your city library. The book is held at numerous academic and public libraries including: Howard University, Concordia Seminary, Westbank Community Library (Austin, Texas), University of Hawaii at Hilo, University of Manitoba, Vancouver Public Library (Canada), Dallas Theological Seminary, Liberty University, Bogazici University Library – Istanbul (Turkey), San Diego Public Library, Dixie State College of Utah, University of Louisville, University of Southern California, Texas A&M University, University of Missouri--Columbia, University of Wisconsin-Madison General Library System, Columbia University Libraries, University of Massachusetts at Boston, Hunter College Wexler Library – New York, NY, Trinity International University, Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis.
FREE: Useful practical counseling article downloads at no charge are available at (copy and paste in browser) https://sites.google.com/
"Loving every page as I devour every word. I'm sure you've heard this many times. Your insight is profound, challenging and stirring. By the time I had reached page 40, I had two huge realizations of my own regarding family of origin issues. I welcomed the tears of healing."
- D.R., Canada
"Wow! At first glance I thought to myself here goes another one of those books that just keeps repeating itself. But no! By the time I reached "The Counseling Session," I began to look for my credit card. This is the best Effective Counseling Skills Text Book I have ever seen. And in just a few days I will have one as well. Thanks for the heads-up, and if anyone out in cycberland hasn't purchased this book, you are missing out."
– V.G., Counselor, Texas Treatment Services, Dallas
"Very informative using down-to-earth language. This book is hands-on ready-to-use technique type of information. Nice read without a lot of clinical jargon."
- C.R., Addiction Counselor, Texas
"The book I found excellent and a natural complement to my own existing therapeutic style."
- Elena Y, Psychotherapist, Boston, Massachusetts
"I am still a student, but it is awesome to have such a wonderful resource to count on for real world advice. Thank you!"
- F.W., Alabama
"When first reading the text I was nervous about remembering everything that I was reading. The more I read the more it made sense and linked all together. I liked how it took you step-by-step into the situations that you may encounter. It was quite incredible how I would pause to ask a question, to have it answered only a few sentences later."
- L.M., Counselling Student, Alberta, Canada
"I think the practical wording of statements given throughout the text was very helpful in providing how to effectively communicate with clients. The text was written in a very practical way and the essential skills and interventions were well written and laid out in a way that was not too complex to grasp."
– G.P., Canada
"The text was written in a clear and understandable way. It taught me a variety of subjects such as respect and dignity for all clients. It showed ways of dealing with supporting and alleviating distress."
– R.R., Canada
"Thanks for the practical counseling skills information and program. It is a work of art that is truly from the heart and mind of a soldier. Anyone should take no thought and get the book. Thanks for sharing and opening my mind."
- J.W.H., USA
Practical counseling skills training online is at http://www.collegemhc.com
Watch this practical skills video http://www.youtube.com/
# # #
We provide online professional counselor training and on-going online supervision and support for the general public seeking personal growth and entry to the counseling profession. Employment assistance is included in the training program.