“I know from working as a pharmacist there are many reasons people don’t ask about their medicines, including confusion, embarrassment, or the patient just not wanting to bother the pharmacist,”
Pharmacists will “Just Ask” to be a partner in a patient’s health care, asking questions related to a specific condition or medication.
In return, patients will be encouraged to ask Kerr Drug’s pharmacists questions about how best to take their medicines, possible side-effects and reactions with other medications and supplements.
The campaign will focus on 11 conditions including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes and the specific questions patients might ask including:
• The medications name and what it is supposed to do
• When and how to take the medicine
• Ways patients can save money on medicines by taking generic brands or by making other changes
• Potential side effects
• What other medicines/supplements to take or avoid that would increase or decrease a medicine’s effectiveness
• Whether or not any foods/alcohol will change the medicine’s effectiveness
• What happens if a dose is missed
• How long does the patient take the medicine
“Medicines don’t help us if we don’t understand why we need them as well as how and why to take them,” adds Civello. “There is no bad question, so please, just ask!”
About Kerr Drug
Kerr Drug is one of the most recognized and respected names in the chain drug industry. With its roots in the Carolinas and headquarters in Raleigh, N.C., Kerr Drug's strategic direction is founded in its unique ability to provide patients, the medical community, and health plans access to the most comprehensive and convenient health and wellness offering in the industry. With a mission to provide healthcare solutions with exceptional customer service, Kerr is currently providing community pharmacy services that far exceed the traditional drug store mix. For more information, please visit www.kerrdrug.com.