2. Pick which nationality from the maid you are comfortable to work with. You will have the choice of a Pilipino, Indonesian or Sri Lankan maid. Filipino is generally Roman Catholic, Indonesian usually Muslim and Sri Lankan usually Muslim or Hindu
3. Calculate what you can put aside to pay for the wages from the maid. On your other monthly expenses, you have to set aside a sum to pay for the monthly salary from the maid. Additionally there is the monthly foreign worker levy to consider. If you are looking to have an experienced maid then you will have to set aside more. For example a Pilipino maid with no experience can come to $320 monthly. Where as a skilled maid could be $395 and above.
4. Look for a maid agency. It might be better if someone you knew gave a recommendation as they have observed the expertise of this maid agency. If the agency provides value for money services your friend will point it immediately. If you don't have recommendation you could either examine the newspaper classified ads or surf the internet to search for maid agencies. It's good practice to check the help offered and the cost for administrative fees and maid fees. The maid agency must be a legitimate entity and registered with the Ministry.
5. Tell the maid agency what you need inside a maid. Having chosen a company, you have to give the needs you have for that maid towards the agent. Some of the facts to consider are:
Activities that you want the maid to do
Age, family background, educational qualification, marital status
With experience or no experience
Special skills like cooking, taking care of children or elderly as well as pets, gardening
Former employers commendation
The agent will demonstrate the CV from the maids which they think who satisfy your desires. You'll have to pick a few to become interviewed
6. Plan your interview and make up a checklist for the prospective maids.Before the interview, it is better that you should be ready. Get the exact questions you have to ask the mark maids and become ready to jot down their answers so that you can make a better comparison and arrive having a more informed decision.
7. Request other interviewers to choose you.It will likely be much better if you have someone else just like a good friend or relative or somebody who has hired a maid before to attend the interview along with you. This way your partner can ask questions that you've not thought of asking.
8. Screen the maids and ask relevant questions during the interview.Ask the prospective maids the questions you have prepared in step six. Once we are often the interviewee, this time being the interviewer do takes practice to be proficient at.
9. Choose the maid. The choice of your maid depends how close she will setup a meeting requirements and the quantity of salary she's asking in line with the activities she will undertake. It does not mean that the maid that has the cheapest asking salary will be the best for you if she does not have experience of taking care of infants while you out at the office.
10. Ready your home for the arrival from the maid. You'll have to allocate a room so that your maid can sleep in and have her own privacy we have spent hours. Her room needs to be furnished with the basic furniture like wardrobe, mirror, bed etc. She will likewise need the correct cleaning equipment to complete her work efficiently so that it will end up a win-win situation for both of you where the maid can clean your home effectively and you going back to a comfortable and very clean home. You also have to inform family members that a new person is going to be coming to work and sleep in your home.
That's it, the secrets of choosing the right maid isn't so difficult in the end whenever you follow these 10 easy steps. Here's wishing you success for you in choosing your right domestic help.