In 24 hours Amy’s Ice Creams production facility transforms into a strawberry dipping operation with over 200 employees working in rotating shifts for 72 hours to wash and cut fresh strawberries, hand-dip them in Callebaut chocolate and package and ship them to stores.
“Chocolate Covered Strawberries are a wonderful gift for anyone on Valentine’s Day,” said Aaron M. Clay, Marketing Director for Amy’s Ice Creams. “Watch the smiles from your loved ones as they open our adorable cartons to find over 1 pound of fresh strawberries and chocolate.”
Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Amy’s Ice Creams
• Amy’s Ice Creams stores will offer Chocolate Covered Strawberries for $18.00/dozen, $12.00/dozen and $3/per oversized single berries.
• Amy’s Ice Cream will create over 100,000 Chocolate Covered Strawberries for the Valentine Holiday.
• One Ton (2200 lbs) of Callebaut Chocolate imported from Europe will be melted and used to completely cover our freshly cut strawberries. Callebaut is one of the world’s leading chocolatiers as they grow and roast their own cocoa beans.
• 600 lbs of Callebaut White Chocolate will be drizzled atop each berry as a white chocolate lattice.
• 9000 pink egg cartons will be utilized to as adorable and festive packaging.
• Each dozen will weigh 1lb or more.
• All chocolate dipped strawberries are gluten free, dairy free and a great paleo friendly treat.
• 72 hours of non-stop chocolate covered strawberry assembly & delivery will start on Saturday, February 11, 2011 at noon.
• Over 200 Texans will be employed to help produce, ship and sell Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, many of whom will find a permanent home at Amy’s Ice Creams.
Customers are urged to pre-order their dozen Chocolate Covered Strawberries by visiting their favorite Amy’s location or visiting http://www.amysicecreams.com.
# # #
Amy’s Ice Creams has been making homemade premium ice creams & frozen desserts for 25 years with multiple locations across Texas. Every February they ice cream maker hand-dips chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day.