The following breakout discussion groups will be held on the conclusion of day one between 5:20-6:20 pm:
Moderator: Stuart Tugendreich, Product Management Director - IPA, Ingenuity Systems
* TF binding prediction vs. ChIP-Seq and other experimental approaches
* Post translational regulation of TFs and feedback loops
* TF cascades
* TFs as drug targets
Bridging the Gaps in Translational Informatics
Moderator: Jonathan Usuka, Ph.D., M.B.A., Director, Global Business Partnering, Celgene Corporation
* The $1000 Genome in the $100 Million Clinical Trial
* Do Novel Targets still matter? Pathway Analysis comes of age
* What do we know and when do we know it? Integrating biomarker and clinical data for
* Go/No-Go decisions
* Three vital acronyms for 21st Century drug discovery: LIMS, ELNs and CROs
Causal vs Correlative Diagnostics and Biomarkers: Understanding the Difference
Moderators: Michael Liebman, Ph.D., Managing Director, Strategic Medicine, Inc. and
Sabrina Molinaro, Ph.D., Institute for Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, Italy
* Understanding the limitations of correlation and the opportunity for causality
* Analyzing and evaluating existing algorithms for risk and diagnosis
* The need to address biological complexity and process to the equation
The Bioinformatics & Cancerinformatics conference is one of the program offerings at CHI’s flagship event, the Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference (February 19-23). This international event features 2 partnering forums, 5 symposia, 18 short courses, and 12 core programs around 4 scientific channels: diagnostics, drug discovery & development, informatics, and cancer. Over 3000 attendees and 150+ sponsors & exhibitors will gather in shared networking functions and in the exhibit/poster hall.
To view the agenda, speaker line-up, and to register: http://www.TriConference.com/
To inquire about sponsoring and/or exhibiting, contact Jon Stroup, 781-972-5483, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writers and editors are encouraged to attend. To request a press pass, contact Tracey Fielding at email@example.com.
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute (www.chicorporate.com)
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) is the preeminent life science network for leading researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech and academic organizations. CHI’s portfolio of products includes Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Insight Pharma Reports, Barnett International, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Cambridge Meeting Planners and Cambridge Healthtech’s Media Group, which includes numerous e-newsletters as well as Bio-IT World magazine.
Founded in 1992, Cambridge Healthtech Institute strives to develop quality information sources that provide valuable new insights and competing points of view while offering balanced coverage of the latest developments. Basic research related to commercial implications is covered, with heavy emphasis placed on end-user insights into new products and technology as well as coverage on the strategy behind the business.
Cambridge Healthtech Institute