The owner of http://HeyViv.com needed help with usability and with talking to her hosting company, and Fast Smart Web Design provided consulting services.
Viv says, "I learned from the consultation how to think about site navigation and how customers move around the web site. I feel more confident making decisions and organizing the site. On Susan's recommendation, I added a follow-up survey to get customer feedback. This has helped me make even more improvements. Customers and the operators who take phone orders say the site is easier to use. We've also noticed fewer dropped shopping carts."
For Meals on Wheels of Staten Island (http://mealsonwheelsofsi.org)
- connected Meals on Wheels with PayPal for donations, memberships, and events
- created volunteer and client application forms with reCAPTCHAs to reduce spam
- added an SSL certificate to make sure that no one outside MOW could access clients’ information without their permission
- added a translation widget to make it easier for multilingual clients to understand what was on the pages
- included a widget that made the type larger (or smaller) to help older adults read the pages
Fast Smart Web Design also posted a new set of banners by North Carolina photographer Kathryn Badra. Each month, a new artist provides original banner art incorporating the company's logo, the smiling computer.
"We realize it's a contrary approach to branding," says owner Susan Fowler, "but we want potential clients to see that we work with many different artists and that they can find a look that suits them among our artist contacts." All of the banner artists are featured on http://fastsmartwebdesign.com/
# # #
Fast Smart Web Design creates websites and consults on website design for non-profits, small businesses, faith-based organizations, artists, and schools. Knowing that many small companies and organizations can't afford to pay yearly maintenance fees, the company specializes in showing their clients how to maintain their sites themselves.