Consumers and Homeowners plagued over the last six (6) years by the "Chinese Drywall" out-gassing, that causes corrosion to all exposed copper components and other building components and non-building components, including plasma TVs, computers, cable boxes, appliance control panels, HVAC coils, plumbing fixtures, wiring, switches, garage door motors, outlets, other copper components and unknown Health issues.
Please review the following issues, and as Homeowners or Consumers, require detailed answers, not just small talk avoiding the issues.
Clear and Favorable Settlement ... YOU DECIDE !!!
1) Clarification or an "EXAMPLE" of a typical structure and specifically HOW and WHEN one qualifies, based on the number of KPT Boards compared to "ALL" boards installed, compared to "ALL" re-active boards, or "ALL" Chinese brand boards ???
Moss has at-least (68) sixty-eight known completed homes to choose from and provide this critical info and very important FACT, concerning additional cost above Knauf / Moss Settlement coverage.
2) Full disclosure you will have to DEMO and DOCUMENT photographically per very specific and detailed proposed Settlement Guidelines, specifically each and every piece of KPT drywall in your structure, to attain or confirm specific number of KPT Boards to qualify, validate, and confirm "WHAT LEVEL" of Knauf participation, or reimbursement you will be eligible to receive, or ... obligated and contracted to pay ???
3) Full disclosure of actual time-frame required to complete the required proposed corrective construction repairs and Settlement Process, clearly noting actual Knauf / Moss site review or confirmation date, actual agreement signing date, actual move-out date, actual Permit date, and actual completion date, and actual move back in date ... based on known, 68 completed 300 Pilot Program homes or structures.
4) Full disclosure Knauf / Moss Proposed Abatement Protocol is NOT endorsed or backed by CPSC, HUD, CDC, ASTM, or any other government or non-government type entity.
5) Full disclosure, Knauf / Moss Proposed Settlement "Warranty or Guarantee" provided by "Contractor"
6) Full disclosure Knauf / Moss Abatement Protocol FAILS to follow Judge Fallon's MDL, specific MDL Court testimony, and specific abatement guidelines explained and documented during MDL hearings requiring FULL ABATEMENT PROTOCOL, based on one (1) simple fact …
To-Date … NO ONE can explain what causes, initiates, or is the source, of the “corrosive out-gassing vapors”, other than the simple fact, the Chinese manufactured drywall is emitting the vapor, at various levels.
7) Full disclosure the current proposed Knauf / Moss Abatement Protocol FAILS to qualify or would qualify for an Environmental Impairment Insurance Policy after completion of Knauf / Moss Protocol abatement and re-construction.
Based on our research, review, and discussions with "Environmental Insurance Underwriters"
8) Explanation and full disclosure of specific terms, "re-active or non-reactive boards" required to qualify, or file a claim concerning proposed Settlement participation or a future claim due to a failed Knauf / Moss abatement,per Knauf / Moss Corrective Repair Protocol.
What specific re-active out-gassing level and ASTM Standard will govern ???
Please know at this time, NO ASTM "acceptable or un-acceptable"
9) Homeowners and Consumers choosing NOT to use Moss Construction or the Knauf / Moss Abatement Protocol will NOT receive FULL COMPENSATION.
10) Homeowners, Builders, and Developers who have already corrected or repaired their structure(s)
11) HEPA vacuuming a construction site to remove "ALL" particulate matter, without an additional neutralizing Treatment System is not realistically an accomplish-able task or condition.
12) Proposed Global Knauf Settlement Guidelines … Fails to remove and replace "ALL" drywall with NO EXCEPTIONS, leaving numerous issues unanswered, unaddressed, and unknown.
Example: Is all sheet-rock or gypsum board removed 100% ???
Per Knauf document, page 40, Item #1 ...
ALL drywall removed ... EXCEPT ...
A - Type "X" Fire Rated Board
B - Thicknesses other than 1/2 inch board
C - Moisture Resistant Drywall (Green Board)
D - Sag Resistant Gypsum Board
E - Tile Backer Board
Sounded good ... until term "ALL" was qualified with EXCEPT ???
13) Global Knauf Settlement Specified "Air-Out" process fails to address chemical residues, fine particulate matter, and in general, debris mixed in with drywall type particulate matter that is embedded in or on construction components and continues to out-gas corrosive vapors.
14) Proposed Global Knauf Settlement Guidelines … Fails to replace HVAC System and "ALL" components 100%.
15) Proposed Global Knauf Settlement Guidelines … Fails to Chamber Test construction material components, after abatement to confirm success, and fails to Chamber Test any NEW materials before installation, confirming they are corrosive out-gassing free.
16) Proposed Global Knauf Settlement Guidelines … Fails to replace "ALL" copper plumbing, electrical components, and "ALL" infected doors, cabinets, hardware, ceiling fans, light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, water heaters, exhaust grills and diffusers, to name a few components.
17) Current KPT / Moss corrective repair guidelines requires 90% KPT boards to receive full KPT type abatement repair cost, and actual percentage only available with significant DE (Destructive Evaluation or Examination)
18) Existing Settlement Guidelines to repair, abate, re-construct, or just collect $$$ requires unnecessary, cumbersome, and overly burdensome documentation guidelines, again, and again for the typical victim, consumer, or Homeowner to submit and collect.
19) Proposed Global Knauf Settlement Guidelines specifies and endorses only ONE (1) questionable means and method (Odorox Hydroxyl Generators) for Final Odor and residual air problem solutions, with NO testing criteria to confirm success. Inclusion of this method ... confirms the problem (Item #13) is known and exists.
Foreman and Associates … TOP … Team of Professionals continues to lead the industry with the only known Protocol, to be under-written and covered by an Insurance Policy, not a “warranty”
For answers to questions or to share answers you have received from Knauf, Fallon, Moss, or PSC ...
Contact a TOP Team Member to share info ...
Foreman and Associates, Inc. (Ryan Ingle / Michael Foreman) 941-955-
Intuitive Environmental Solution (Daniel Reid) 239-292-5091
Looking forward to answering your questions,
# # #
Foreman and Associates, knowledge and expertise concerning Tainted Corrosive Drywall (TCDW) or Chinese Drywall (CDW) leads the Industry with
First 100% Accurate NDE Diagnostic Protocol (January 2009)
First Environmental Insurance backed abatement and treatment Protocol
First to publish and share NDE Analysis Protocol (January 2010)
First to promote and endorse SNiPER® Treatment System
First to acknowledge and endorse personal property SNiPER® Treatment System
First Cost Effective abatement Protocol requiring ALL electrical wiring / fixtures, HVAC equipment / duct work, drywall, cabinets, interior doors / hardware, carpet and pad, plumbing fixtures, and SNiPER® Treatment of specific construction components.
Our firms Treatment Protocol for Tainted Corrosive Drywall or commonly called Chinese Drywall is documented as - 100% successful.
Our SNiPER® Treatment affords Clients a TCDW Environmental Insurance Policy, covering any future out-gassing or environmental issues