“Traditional hairdressing has long been associated toxic chemicals and hazardous fumes, not the best reputation when it comes to the environment. I want to be part of changing that.” Owner and operator Angela Alba
Other green initiatives for The B Hive include:
• All electricity is Wind Sourced
• All LED Ambient Lighting
• All Appliances (Including Blow Dryers) are the Greenest Available to date
• Recycled Styling Chairs Reupholstered in ECO-Tech Fabric
• Reception Desk Recycled and Wrapped in Certified Green Formica
• Painted using No-VOC Paints
• Salon Software is Web Based and utilizes "Green Receipts" Email
• All Cleaning Products are Green or Organic
• All Paper Goods from Bathroom to Office are Recycled
• All Marketing Materials use Soy Based Ink or Organic Seed Paper
• Stylists use Bamboo Sustainable Brushes and Recycled Plastic Combs
• Color Dispensary Furnished in Recycled Furniture
• Color Room Furnished with Recycled Plank Table and Reclaimed Tin Mirrors
• Retail Area Paneled with Reclaimed Barn Siding
• All Plastic, Glass and Paper to be Repurposed or Recycled
• Utilize a "Refill Program" for Clients to Re-Use Retail Product Bottles
• Donate Hair Clippings to "Matter of Trust" for Oil Spill Mats
• Recycle Used Foils via a Local Scrap Yard and Donate All Funds to Eco-Friendly Organizations
• Utilize Rain Water Harvesting for all Indoor and Outdoor Plants
• Serve only Organic Drinks and Treats for our Clients
• Support NJ Beekeepers Assoc by carrying their products
• Certified Member of Organic and Green Associations
“We are very impressed by The B Hive Salon and their efforts to be as eco-friendly and organic as possible.” Says Troy Raszka, Marketing Director for Organic Salon Systems, “We are proud to be partnering with them for our first Organic Concept Salon.”
The Grand Opening will begin at 1pm. Enjoy organic refreshments, tour the salon, and meet the stylists. There will also be over $1000 worth of products and services being given away as well as booking and product discounts.
Consumers interested in healthy, innovative, organic hair care products and color performed by Certified Organic Colorists can call The B Hive Salon at 201-470-HIVE to make an appointment. Salon professionals can inquire as well for info on certifications and employment opportunities.
For more information visit their website thebhivesalon.com, or their location at 269 Broadway in Hillsdale, New Jersey.
# # #
Organic Salon Systems provides hairdressers with high performance products which maximize the use of gentle, nourishing, organic, and natural ingredients while minimizing the necessity for harsh or damaging chemicals.