Start making plans today to whisk your partner away to the Lakes Region for a romantic weekend. Consider hitting the slopes, taking in a show at a local theater or booking an appointment for a relaxing couples package at one of the local spas. More ideas on activities for creating a weekend tailored to your interests can be found on the LRTA’s Where to Play webpage.
Turning a visit into a weekend away is a good way to add a little spark to the relationship. Check out the LRTA’s Relaxation & Romance package page for ideas and discounts on area lodging, including:
- A Newfound Bed & Breakfast, Bristol. Wake up to gorgeous views of the lakes and mountains.
- Lighthouse Inn B&B, Laconia. Enjoy a private fireplace in your guest room.
- Cheney House B&B, Ashland. Pamper yourself with a Jacuzzi-jet tub in your room.
- Inns & Spa at Mill Falls, Meredith. Located in the center of town for the perfect hand-in-hand stroll of the area.
- Manor on Golden Pond, Holderness. Take time out to relax in the on-site spa.
Making reservations for Valentine’s dinner will encourage more of the alone time a couple needs. Consider one of the following options from the LRTA’s Where to Dine page:
- O Steaks & Seafood, Laconia: The Chilean Sea Bass or the Rack of Lamb are just a few of the dishes begging to be shared with a bottle of wine.
- The Homestead Restaurant & Tavern, Bristol: Choose from special dishes such as Veal Oscar and Steak Gorgonzola when you’re at what’s said to be the “oldest house in town.”
- Lemongrass Restaurant & Sake Bar, Moultonborough:
- Lago, Meredith: Head to this Italian gem for Brasato di Manzo (balsamic and brown sugar short ribs) or perhaps Salmone Pomodore (farm-raised salmon).
- The Woodshed, Moultonborough:
And never underestimate the power of chocolate at this time of year; a number of restaurants have a scrumptious dessert selection that is worth staying out a little later for. Or surprise your sweetie with a box of candies from Weirs Beach’s Kellerhaus. Made on site, choose from truffles, thin mints, cherry cordials and a chocolate assortment, among many other options.
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors guides, visit http://www.LakesRegion.org, http://www.facebook.com/
# # #
We take ideas from spark to finish! Full service marketing, advertising & public relations. Traditional & new media solutions! Since 1984, LTD Company has provided creative solutions for businesses seeking to take their marketing to the next level.