Mr. Lenihan focuses on seed and early stage investments companies that provide technology-based solutions for industries such as retail and fashion; finance and insurance. He also has extensive experience in building data and analytics companies. Prior to founding FirstMark Capital, Mr. Lenihan was the Senior Managing Director and Founder of Pequot Ventures, the predecessor to FirstMark, founded in 1996. He started his career at IBM in the IBM sales organization and later founding a business within IBM providing interactive kiosks for retailers. He later joined Broadview Associates, where he was a senior member of the M&A advisory team. He sits on the boards of SecondMarket, OpenGamma, AHAlife, EagleEye Analytics, Dovetail, MyCityWay, and Tracelink. Prior portfolio companies include: Netegrity (NASDAQ:NETE – acquired by Computer Associates), Outlooksoft (acquired by SAP), First Advantage (NASDAQ:FADV – acquired by First American), Wit Capital (Acquired by Goldman Sachs), Duck Creek Technologies (acquired by Accenture), among many others.
Mr. Lenihan is a Professor of Entrepreneurship and NYU’s Stern School of business and teaches a popular course called “Ready, FIRE! Aim” that has already spawned several student-founded companies. He is also an advisor to the student-run Tech@NYU initiative. He is an active participant in the NYC entrepreneurial community, serving on the NYC Economic Development Corporation’
Mr. Lenihan holds a BSEE from Duke University and an MBA from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. He can be followed on Twitter at @lawrencelenihan and his blog found at www.lawrencelenihan.com.
Venture Capital Happy Hour is produced by Golden Networking
• 3rd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "How American Companies can Plug Into The Chinese Rocket-Propelled Economy?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 DVD Video Package, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Workshop DVD Video Package, "Practical Implementation of High-Frequency Trading Strategies", http://www.HFTExpertsWorkshop.com
• 2nd China Leaders Forum DVD Video Package, "Is the Chinese Dragon Poised for Global Dominance or Economic Implosion?", http://www.ChinaLeadersForum.com
• Distressed Investing Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Analyzing and Valuing Distressed Companies, Securities and Real Estate", http://www.DistressedInvestingExpertsForum.com
• Derivatives Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Strategies for Increasing Profits under an Evolving Regulatory Framework", http://www.DerivativesLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Innovating and Profiting from High-Frequency Trading in 2010 and Beyond", http://www.HFTLeadersForum.com
• Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times", http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com
• High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation", http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 DVD Video Package, "Extraordinary Opportunities Investors Cannot Afford to Pass", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
• China Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "Addressing the Challenges Posed by the Present Wave of Chinese Globalization"
• Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2009 DVD Video Package, "The Most Comprehensive Guide for Any Investor in Distressed Assets", http://www.DistressedInvestingLeadersForum.com
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections"
# # #
GoldenNetworking.net is the premier networking community for businessmen, entrepreneurs, professionals and diplomats, to experience what’s hot, new and next