Marci Bracco (831) 747-7455
Rio Grill Celebrates Valentine’s Day
Carmel, CA (January 17, 2012) For over 28 years, Rio Grill, located in the Crossroads, Carmel, has been the place to meet friends, enjoy delicious food and relax with a refreshing cocktail or glass of wine. To celebrate Valentine’s Day on Tuesday, February 14th, Chef Cy Yontz has created a special menu bursting with flavors from the Southwest. (The traditional Rio Grill dinner menu is also available on Valentine’s Day!)
FIRST COURSE (Choice of one)
• Tortilla Soup with Crispy Tortillas and Crumbled Farmers Cheese
• Hearts of Palm Salad Wild Arugula, Grapefruit sections and Pumpkin Seed Vinaigrette
• Oysters On the Half-Shell with Miso Mignonette, Diced Watermelon and Wasabi Caviar
SECOND COURSE (Choice of one)
• Bone-In Veal Strip Loin with Pink Peppercorn Au Poivre, Hatch Green Chile-Scalloped Potatoes and Tomato Gratin
• Wood-Grilled Sea Bass with Smoked Chile Butter, Ricotta Gnocchi with Blistered Pear Tomatoes, Spinach and Pancetta
• Pan-Roasted Chicken Breast with Squash Blossom-Guajillo Broth, Queso Fresco-Corn Mashed Potatoes and Organic Baby Carrots
• Stuffed Poblano Pepper with Quinoa, Roasted Gold Beets, Sweet Corn and Pea Tendrils
THIRD COURSE (Choice of one)
• Peaches and Cream Cheesecake with Pecan-Graham Crust and Agav- Soaked Peaches
• Flourless Bittersweet Chocolate Torte with Peppermint Crème Anglaise and Sweetheart Candy
• Mocha Flan with Chocolate-Espresso Custard
The Valentine’s Day three course price fix is $50 or with specially paired wines $65 (Tax and Gratuity not included). Menu available at dinner only.
Background on Rio Grill:
Chef Yontz’ creative American dishes are some of the most flavorful, colorful and vibrant on the Monterey Peninsula and celebrate flavor in every mouthwatering bite!
In addition to the main dining room, Rio Grill has a comfortable lounge and full bar serving refreshing libations including the restaurant’s famous "Rio Rita.” The bar is lined with colorful caricatures of local faces and celebrities. Rio Grill's award-winning wine list features more than 160 labels featuring a ton of local wineries and an extensive selection available by the glass.
For more information on Rio Grill, please call (831) 625-5436 or go to www.riogrill.com. The restaurant opens for lunch every day at 11:30 and serves straight through until 10:00 PM. Rio also serves a great brunch on Sundays from 11:30 – 4:00PM.