That’s according to South Jersey Web marketing firm CyberGnarus, which recently completed its transformation and rebranding from a website developer into a full-service Internet marketing company helping small and mid-size businesses establish a high-ranking – and thus highly visible – online presence.
“The old strategy of simply optimizing your website then putting it out there just doesn’t cut it anymore,” says Carol Harkins, president of CyberGnarus (“Gnarus” being the Latin for “knowledge of”). “There’
Since founding the company in 1996 to develop affordable, highly optimized websites for small and medium businesses, Harkins discovered that many clients needed to be coached in what to do after establishing their Web presence.
“With the explosion of the number of websites, and with consumers becoming more savvy in searching them, marketing your site online has become far more important, and even if businesses have the know-how to do it, few have the time to commit to doing it right,” Harkins says.
With its new scope of services, CyberGnarus has unveiled a completely new website (www.cybergnarus.com)
“SMS marketing is a natural progression that will keep my clients where they need to be,” says Harkins.
Harkins offers the following tips for enhancing your online visibility:
• Blog, and blog some more. Not only are blogs a great way to establish your brand and expertise, they give Google the fresh content it craves. But be sure that the blog is located on your domain (not on Blogger or some other “free” service).
• Ensure that your website is 100 percent Search Engine Optimized. No ifs, ands or buts. This is the new starting point.
• Claim and optimize your Google Places page. Be sure to follow Google’s rules or they will suspend your listing.
• Have a campaign in place to cultivate incoming links. Links to your website from other reputable websites are counted as “votes” for your site by Google.
• Create a dedicated mobile website. People who are coming to your site via a mobile device want information immediately, and 90 percent of mobile searchers take action as a result. If your website is difficult to navigate on a mobile device, your competition will be the one receiving that action.
South Jersey Internet marketing firm CyberGnarus, LLC, creates and manages the online presence of companies both locally and nationally, with an emphasis on Search Engine Optimization, Internet marketing, mobile marketing and website development. It also offers website maintenance, hosting, local Web marketing, and blogging services. CyberGnarus’
# # #
Swordfish Communications is a full-service public relations agency. We specialize in getting our clients messages out to their target audiences through the strategic use of media relations, social networking and corporate social responsibility.