Nowadays it seems that beauty enthusiasts are forced to embrace an unending and steady stream of exotic options for altering appearance through cosmetic surgical intervention, lasers, peels, and liposuction. Not realizing there are alternatives to this “PLASTIC” intervention, women - especially Hollywood women - continue to implement extreme correction. This decision leaves them ending up with unnatural and often unflattering results.
When does a seemingly harmless procedure become a painfully apparent sign that the woman or man is suffering from a lack of self-love, self-worth and self-esteem?
Poor Michael Jackson was truly a man caught in a confusing and debilitating addiction to altering the man in the mirror until his metamorphosis caused him to be completely unrecognizable from his pre-surgical self. His painful relationship with his ‘self’ that echoed out in the world with glaringly revealed Michael as fragile, unable to love himself, and unable to relate to the world. It ultimately lead to his death.
Another present-day star whose photo is splashed over all the gossip rags is Demi Moore. Just a few years ago, Ms. Moore was known for her amazing body seen in films like G I Jane, Ghost, and Charlie’s Angels. She was the toast of the town. From true beauty icon - admired by both men and women alike - she has now found herself diminished and degraded. Demi is just a shell of her former self. In a recent magazine article, she reveals her confusion over her body and a kind of self-hatred that has been playing out as she passes through a difficult time in her relationship.
Self-loathing is rampant and the barrage of current advertisements has solidified a culture of women wanting to be something they are not, and altering their appearance through decisive and sometimes fallible actions. This all comes down to a desire to feel better, to feel more worthy, and to feel less pain about being imperfect.
Five Steps to Finding Your Way Back to Natural Beauty
1. Focus on what you truly Love about yourself. Every morning, write five things in your journal that you love about yourself. Make a new entry every day and start noticing you have more room and love for yourself. In the spiritual community, we call this ‘validating the body’. When you are flowing with self-appreciation and self-validation, you are leaving behind what is not measuring up or ‘perfect’.
2. Self confidence is the most compelling beauty accessory around! When you love your life and you live fully, you are enchantingly gorgeous. Say to yourself each morning: “I am living in the Garden of Eden. Am I letting Myself Experience it?” Answer honestly. Then think about what simple steps you could take to enter your paradise for just one day. It seems silly to think that we have to pace ourselves into self-love and daily joy...but it is necessary.
There is always a stagnant groupthink message played repeatedly. The American people are caught up in these thoughts of realizing imperfection. These include comments such as “slim down,” or “get rid of the parenthesis around your mouth,” and they cause us to supersize our meals in order to feel better, but then “working off the fat” in an unrealistic timeframe (for example, joining a restrictive eating program with food prepared lacking life force or vibrancy.) To outgrow this way of being will take patience, consistency, and strength to move into a natural rhythm of self-love.
3. Get your life in balance NOW! This is the theme of a powerful little book we include in all our programs her at Miraculous Living. To become truly beautiful from the inside out, one must live life in balance, live fully, and express fully!
A.) Have I enjoyed time with friends this week?
B.) Have I expressed my creativity lately?
C.) Is my financial life in order?
D.) Do I love my job?
E.) Am I eating well and enjoying living in my body with healthy activities and exercise routines?
4. Respect your curves, Love the little smile lines, Love yourself the way you are.
“I love myself the way I am. There is nothing I need to change. I will always be the perfect me. There is nothing to rearrange. I am beautiful and capable of being the best “me” that I can because I love myself just the way I am.”
Find ways to cherish yourself and appreciate the individual that you are becoming. Make time to understand the parts of you that you are leaving behind. Wherever you are in this moment in time is exactly where you need to be regardless of how things seem to appear.
5. Meditation is the path to rejuvenation!
To receive your free “5 Super Simple Steps to Youth” video program or to find out more about ‘Beautiful from the Inside Out’, visit us on the web at www.Beautifulfromtheinsideout.com.
# # #
Miraculous Living with Reverend Julie Renee Speaker Author Master Healer Shares practical spiritual tools to individuals & groups internationally Inspiring 1000’s of people just like you to live more radiant fully self expressed lives