PRLog - Jan. 20, 2012 - ABUJA, Nigeria -- Spatial Technologies Ltd ( http://www.spatialtechnologiesltd.com ) -Nigeria's foremost mapping and GIS solution provider in collaboration with Office of the Surveyor General of the Federation ( http://www.osgof.gov.ng ) -the corporate sponsors of the Project named after the popular and legendary Zuma rock in Niger State of Nigeria collaborated to use the competition as a strategic online campaign designed to improve and strengthen the online information content and brand awareness of Nigerian GIS, map-based solutions, and Location Based Services industries.
According to Ireti Ajala -the CEO of Spatial Technologies Ltd, "The idea behind project Zuma is to engage students of GI and related courses across Nigerian tertiary institutions constructively and assist them to channel their intellectual capacity towards a worthy project instead of wasting precious time and money on online gossips via Facebook, Yahoo and other social network platform.
Professor Peter Nwilo -the newly appointed Surveyor General Of the Federation said, "Project Zuma is expected to provide the platform to improve the online search profile of Nigerian mapping industry regarding news, information, who is doing what within the industry. The project is also expected to improve the creativeness and innovations of our students. This we believe would transform Nigerian GI industry from being a sluggish, uninspired industry to a vibrant, innovative and technology savvy mapping industry providing a wealth of information about the emerging industry to the internet community in a consistent and efficient "
OBJECTIVES OF PROJECT ZUMA
1. To connect with Nigerian GI professionals and students of surveying, GIS, Geography, etc across the country.
2. To improve the brand profile of Nigerian GI industry and make it more attractive to more people in Nigeria.
1. To enter Project Zuma competition, you must be a Nigerian student either at undergraduate or post graduate level studying any of the following GI courses:
• Land surveying
• Computer Science
• Estate Management
• Other geography related course
* The blog must focus ONLY on the Nigerian GI Industry
* You must keep it fresh and updated regularly by posting news, articles, innovations, about what is happening in the Nigerian GI Industry.
*. You must link each post to your Facebook page and encourage your friends to create links to your posts from their Facebook pages
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
Interested? Get details of how to register for the competition at this link:
1. First prize : N100,000 cash
2. Second prize : N50,000 cash
3. Third Prize : N20,000 cash
• Competition Start Date: March 05, 2012
• Competition End Date: May 01, 2012
PROJECT ZUMA IS OPENED TO UNDERGRADUATE AND POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES AND POLYTECHNICS
# # #
Spatial Technologies Ltd (STL) is a dynamic Information Technology company with special emphasis on map, GIS and Location based solutions. STL is registered in Nigeria with offices in Lagos and UK.
The office of the Surveyor General of the Federation (OSGOF) is statutorily saddled with the responsibility of providing and coordinating surveying and mapping activities within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
As the central depository for Survey, mapping and Geo-information activities in the country, state survey departments, oil companies, private practitioners and institutions are required by law (cap 194) to inform the (OSGOF) of their surveying and mapping projects