Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean and is the ideal wedding destination, with virtually guaranteed year-round sunshine and a breathtaking range of locations both on the coast and inland. Here are just some of Ionian weddings’ new venues which offer excellent value for money, too:
• Ayii Anargyri is a beautiful converted 17th century monastery just 25 minutes’ drive from Paphos. Founded in 1649 by two brothers who cared for the sick, Ayii Anargyri has been transformed into a stylish spa haven where guests benefit from the healing properties of the natural spring waters. Ceremonies can be held inside or outside the small chapel in the grounds, whilst the wine vault is a unique venue for receptions. Prices from £3,380* for an all inclusive ceremony & reception package based on 20 guests and including photography, flowers, bridal hair and more.
• So White boutique hotel is due to open in April 2012. This deluxe boutique hotel – with a roof terrace - is located by a glorious sandy beach a few kilometres outside Ayia Napa. Couples can marry under a gazebo in the landscaped tropical gardens, with ocean views, and the hotel’s restaurant, Nozomi (also in London’s Mayfair) is perfect for a stylish beachfront reception. Prices from £2,985* for an all inclusive ceremony & reception package based on 20 guests and including photography, flowers, bridal hair and more.
• Ideal for avid golfers and fine dining aficionados, the Eléa Estate boasts professionally-
• For intimate nuptials set amongst lemon, olive and fig trees, Nikoklis Inn is a charming and traditional riverside inn that’s just 15 minutes’ drive from Paphos. There are views up the valley to the Troodos Mountains and it’s a world away from the island’s busier resorts. Prices from £2,530* for an all inclusive ceremony & reception package based on 20 guests and including photography, flowers, bridal hair and more.
• From 2012, weddings can be arranged directly on a beach (previously they were only authorised within the confines of a hotel) and can be combined with a beach BBQ reception. Alternatively, opt for a traditional town hall ceremony in Geroskipou (meaning ‘Holy Garden’) or Paphos, followed by a relaxed beach BBQ reception as the sun sets. Prices from £2,415* for an all inclusive ceremony & BBQ reception package based on 20 guests and including photography, flowers, bridal hair and more or £1,775* if opting for a town hall ceremony and beach BBQ
Existing venues include:
• Eleonas Gazebo & Secret Garden, located close to Aphrodite's Rock. Marry on Eleonas Terrace with views to the sea (for groups of up to 60) or by the Gazebo (for smaller gatherings). Perhaps most romantic of all is the divine Secret Garden that’s hidden in the trees. Prices from £3,565* based on 20 guests.
• Enjoy exclusive use of The Cyprus Wine Museum in the village of Emiri, located at the crossroads to the island’s key wine routes. Built in local stone, the museum has bougainvillea-
• Aghia Kyriaki church in Paphos, next to the Roman Basilica and the historic site of St. Paul’s Pillar, is adorned with artwork and chandeliers. An organist can be hired to play wedding hymns and other music. Combine this with a reception at a legendary seafront tavern. Prices from £3,220* based on 20 guests.
• Hire a classy catamaran (Limassol) or a romantic schooner (Paphos) and say ‘I do’ at sea. Unlimited drinks and a buffet will be served to guests on board. Prices from £3,385* based on 20 guests hiring a catamaran.
*All prices include legal paperwork, wedding licence fee and a personal wedding co-ordinator who will arrange the flowers, photographer, bridal car, reception and music as part of a tailor-made package.
The company also offers a two-hour consultation meeting for a small fee which is fully refundable if the couple makes a booking. Additional services include assistance with booking accommodation for the wedding party and full documentation arrangements.
For more information, visit Ionian Weddings at http://www.ionianweddings.co.uk or call 020 8892 7556.
Ends - 9 January 2012
Notes to editors:
1. On 1 January 2012, Ionian Weddings became the first-ever specialist overseas wedding planner to join ABTA ( Association of British Travel Agents)
2. Ionian Weddings was commended in the Richmond Business Awards “Best Business Category” in October 2011.
3. The company was founded in March 2007 by Greek-born Andreas Palikiras and his English wife, Jane, who have over 15 years’ experience in the travel industry.
4. To date, Ionian Weddings has arranged over 450 weddings in the Greek Islands and Cyprus.
5. Current destinations include Corfu, Paxos, Lefkada (Lefkas), Meganissi, Kefalonia (Cephalonia)
6. Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Civil, Greek Orthodox, Jewish and Protestant weddings can be arranged.
7. Client testimonials can be found here.
8. Images and case studies are available on request.
Media Enquiries: For further information on Ionian Weddings or to interview the founder directors, please contact Mika Bishop or Julia Farish at Travel PR on 020 8891 4440 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Travel PR is one of the leading travel PR agencies in the UK with over 30 clients covering trade associations, hotels, tour operators and tourist boards.