"The SEO Manifesto" is a practical guide to effective Internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO). The authors, Pam Gobiel and Dan Tousignant, are successful online entrepreneurs who draw from their own collective real life experiences of trial and error and industry knowledge. Their goal is to share with enterprising readers their insights and proven marketing strategies for creating and maintaining a successful online business.
The book covers SEO techniques that are the keys to optimizing a website’s relationship with search engines, such as Google®, Yahoo®, and Bing®, pushing its visibility higher up in search results, and thereby increasing visitors to the site. It uses a step-by-step approach to the methods, processes and tools to increase this traffic, yet with a commitment to maintain a high level of integrity in customer relationships. The authors begin the book with their “manifesto”
“It is my intent that through my actions and by my willingness to learn, I will create a successful online business.
I will ethically attract customers to my website, where I will offer products, services or information that have value.
By virtue of this intention, I will gain the freedom to work from home or anywhere in the world.”
- Authors Pam Gobiel and Dan Tousignant
The chapters focus on each phase of launching an online business, from how to get it off the ground, to maintaining and continuously improving the site. Checklists, process descriptions, and examples reflect these phases of development:
• Prepare: Explains how to develop an Internet marketing plan.
• Launch: Walks you through how to get your Web site launched.
• Optimize: Explains how to design or modify your site to be optimized for search engines.
• Submit: Describes how to take advantage of different tools to ensure your visibility on the Internet
• Network: Teaches you how to attract customers through social and business networking.
• Advertise: Addresses the free and paid options for advertising your online business.
• Track: Defines and prioritizes the information you need in order to monitor and manage your online business.
• Maintain: Identifies the processes and tools needed to maintain and grow your Internet presence.
Gobiel and Tousignant stress that their success involved hard work, tenacity, risk taking, and the ability to learn and adapt their marketing practices. But by following their strategies, the authors hope that this guide will allow readers to take advantage of the opportunity created through their own tested methods for achieving a successful Internet business.
For more information please visit www.SEOManifesto.com
# # #
About the Authors:
Pam Gobiel was a senior executive assistant for one of the largest investment firms in the country until 2002. When she became homebound due to health reasons, she began designing and developing products for one of the most successful online drop-ship vendors. This allowed her to run an international business, without having to leave her home or computer. Gobiel evolved from having a fun online hobby to having a six-figure income as a web-based entrepreneur.
Dan Tousignant has launched several businesses including project management consulting and training, and more recently, online affiliate businesses. His specialty is simplifying the complex processes used to manage large projects into step-by-step procedures in order to train managers and to increase the opportunity for success. It was this skill which he employed when documenting Pam's Internet marketing expertise for The SEO Manifesto.