TV writer and short film producer Gini Graham Scott focuses on five key steps to creating a low-budget (or no-budget) short film:
• Write it: writing, getting feedback, rewriting, breaking down scenes, and storyboarding
• Produce it: casting, location scouting, budgeting, renting equipment, and getting props
• Direct it: participating in the shoot, working with actors, getting behind the scenes footage, and winging it
• Edit it: editing or working with editors, getting pickup shots, securing music, adding graphics
• Promote it: copyrighting your work, screening your film, entering competitions, avoiding mistakes
This book is designed to help you create a well-organized, well-shot, professional-
Gini Graham Scott (Oakland, CA) is a nationally-known writer, consultant, and speaker who has published over 50 books. She is a screenplay writer, indie film producer, and TV game/reality show developer. She has written, produced and sometimes directed over four dozen short films, which include dramas; book and script trailers; music videos; promotional pieces; and pilots for TV talk and game shows. She has adapted novels and memoirs into screenplays. Her Changemakers Productions website is at www.changemakersproductions.com, and she helps screenwriters and filmmakers make film industry connections through the Film and TV Connection at www.filmandtvconnection.com. Her current project is a short film called The Suicide Party. She is available for interviews.