PRLog - Jan. 13, 2012 - ROSEVILLE, Minn. -- AbleNet announced today the addition of Hook iPod switch access to its top selling line of mobile device access products. Think of Hook as a simple out-of-the-box control for your iPod music library, great for giving children with disabilities control over music or audiobooks. Hook provides simple to advanced control of your music playlist with an auditory menu of functions you can control with a switch.
"Hook opens huge new worlds of education and entertainment,"
By using an auditory prompt menu to control functions, Hook also provides access to the iPod audio library for people who are blind or have vision challenges, Voiovich added.
Key Features Include:
- Developed under the Apple® MFI program and authorized to use the “Made for iPod” and “Made for iPhone” designations
- Simple out-of-the-box control of iPod audio library
- Single or dual switch access modes
- Speaker output to headphones, portable speakers, or home entertainment center
- Configurable volume limits for hearing safety
- Power from Apple device or use the included charger
- Audio prompts (for blind or low vision users)
- Four languages (international access: English, German, French, Spanish)
# # #
AbleNet is an international company and industry leader in providing educational and technical solutions to help children and adults with disabilities lead productive and fulfilled lives. This includes a complete line of communication aids for nonverbal individuals;