Jamaican in China: Guess Who's Coming to Dim Sum is a humorous, hellacious, insightful, instructional, fun, fascinating, yet oddly functional all-in-one reality show travel guide blog book lifestyle primer chronicling Goodridge's adventures in China, Laos, Singapore and Saipan. You can visit his award-nominated blog's archives, but THE BOOK....ahhh!
In the book, you get what is essentially a "Behind the Scenes" "Bloopers" and "The Making of The Jamaican in China blog" all rolled into one, including:
• Over 600 full-color photographs (many never-before-
• Edited and expanded blog posts
• Deleted scenes & out-takes too controversial for the blog
• Commentary from Walt's circle of friends, advisors and enemies
• Dating advice from Chinese men AND women!
• "Grown-ups only" material
• The full "Coming Black to Asia/Travelling While Black" Manifesto
• The secret origins of Walt's nomad-inspired Coffeepot Cookbook!
• The EXPANDED Bonus Chapter of Walt's first trip to China in 2009 with all new photos!
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Yes, there's something to APPEAL to everyone! Walt is a Jamaican-born, US University-schooled, Spanish speaking, single, minimalist, vegan, nomad bachelor in China who quotes Willie Nelson, Van Morrison, Bonnie Raitt and Bob Marley in his blog as he offers survivalist cooking tips and dating strategies, fights crime and promotes freedom, dates cross-culturally, crossing borders, cracking stereotypes, breaking hearts, winning friends and influencing people (meeting fellow travelers from Norway, Russia, Myanmar, Guyana, Italy), living and spreading his philosophy of "freedom, function and fun" while making money as a nomadpreneur throughout Asia, while motivating and inspiring others through his prose, poetry and presence to do the same!" It doesn't get more widespread in appeal than this!
What's even better (for selling books, that is) is that there's bound to be something offensive for just about everyone, too:
• Yes, his thoughts on "Germ Theory in China" may offend you if you're Chinese!
• His thing for interracial dating may offend a few skinheads!
• His "How to Meet Girls in Beijing" may offend feminists!
• His take on "Traveling While Black" may offend entire continents of people!
• And even the world's innocent little children have something to be offended about with his irreverent parody of Dr Seuss' beloved and iconic Cat in the Hat! (To anticipate and swer your question: "Um, no, nothing is sacred!)
So, if you've ever asked yourself...
"Can a single, minimalist, vegan, Jamaican author and nomadpreneur escape the rat race, reinvent his life, live true to himself, find love, happiness, organic food, but more importantly, an apartment with a kitchen, sunshine and a wi-fi connection in China without paying the ultimate price...the foreigner's price?"
(and who among us hasn't asked ourselves that at some point in our lives? Admit it.)
...then you can NOW discover the full, potent, unadulterated, undiluted, non-dairy, wheat & gluten-free answer for yourself in the Nookified and Kindleized edition of Guess Who's Coming to Dim Sum: The Jamaican in China!! Own a copy on your Kindle or Nook for ever and ever and lend freely to friends and family!
For more details & ebook: http://www.jamaicaninchina.com/
For Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/
For Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
# # #
We help people discover, develop and profit from the pursuit of their passions. Authors, performers, crafters, designers, you can make money doing what you love, and turn your passion into profit.