But, as he stands where he is today, three years later, he can resoundingly confirm that our biggest regrets in life are always the things we didn’t do.
As a guest on your show, Anthony is eager to tell his profound leap-of-faith story as an attempt to inspire members of your audience to make a New Year’s resolution unlike any other before—one that will demand a great deal, and cannot be broken but, nonetheless, will be immensely rewarding for every life it touches.
“At the beginning, while my son, Nick, was my foster child,” says Anthony, “his goal was to be reunited with his mother. My family didn’t understand how I could go through with it anyway and foster a child that I knew might go home at any time. I couldn’t argue with them, knowing it would hurt if I ever had to let him go. But I also knew the time we shared would still be worth the pain.”
In the end, Anthony was able to proceed with adoption and complete a full-circle experience, complete with a wide range of intense feelings that inspired him to write and publish the song Even If—available on iTunes and RichardAnthonyMusic.com, with all proceeds supporting foster parenting charities.
“My advice to anyone considering adopting or fostering is to just do it. Don’t keep asking if you’re ready. If you have the heart, it will work out. Make this the year it happens. Touch a child’s life forever in 2012.”
Call Special Guests today for a heart-warming conversation about the invaluable benefits of foster parenting and adoption. Ask to book an interview with singer/songwriter Richard Anthony.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR MR. ANTHONY COULD INCLUDE:
1. What inspired you to become a foster parent in the first place, especially having no parenting experience at all?
2. What was your family’s reaction to the idea?
3. Tell us about the experience and the growth in your relationship with Nick.
4. How did the song Even If come to be? At what moment did you feel compelled to write it?
5. You’ve since legally adopted Nick. Have you had any thoughts about fostering again? Any hopes of having your own children some day?
6. How important is foster parenting in your mind today? For society, for the child, for the parents?
7. If you had a chance to sell foster parenting to those who have never done it, what would you say?
8. If you could give a new foster parent one piece of advice, what would you tell him/her?
9. Which charities did you select and why?
10. Tell our audience how they can purchase the song.
ABOUT YOUR GUEST, RICHARD ANTHONY:
Anthony is a solo singer/songwriter who’s been writing songs for more than 10 years. Influenced by singers ranging from Stevie Wonder to Pet Shop Boys to James Taylor to Michael Jackson, Anthony’s musical range of motion covers many styles.
He was born in a suburb of Chicago, and currently resides in Joliet, Illinois (about 45 minutes south of Chicago)
His latest CD, Connected, all started with the song Even If. It was written in response to family members who asked him how he could foster a child, knowing he would be creating a bond and becoming attached to this child and possibly having to let go in the end.
He wrote this song to help support foster children by donating 100 percent of proceeds to such charities. Before releasing Connected, Anthony released the Even If single, hoping to influence others to foster and to raise money.
The song was recorded in Canada with producer Victor Crowl. After recording the song, Victor convinced Anthony to work on a complete CD and, after much work, it turned into 2 CDs—one released this past April, and the other due out in 2012.
More of Anthony’s music can be heard at:
# # #
Special Guests, Inc. is a publicity firm with a team of 30 publicists. We have served businessess, authors and organizations for 25 years, specializing in booking experts, authors, and CEOs on radio and television talk shows. Our web site is: http://www.SpecialGuests.com