“In Arizona, we’re just starting our busy time of year. Whether you live here part-time, full-time, or vacationing with us, there are some simple but important things you can do to ensure a great 2012 for you and your family,” said Michael P. Dunn, M.D., President and Chief Medical Officer for FastMed Arizona. “FastMed’
The FastMed Top 10 List for a Healthier 2012 includes:
2. Balanced Eating: Notice we didn’t use the word “diet” – we coach our patients to think about ongoing lifestyle eating habits by getting the right balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, including plenty of fruits and vegetables, low salt and portion control. But allow yourself an occasional treat – your eating lifestyle doesn’t have to feel like work.
3. Stress Control: Stress can lead to all kinds of health issues, so de-stress by doing something YOU enjoy on a daily or weekly basis as your schedule permits, and at least once or twice a month volunteer to help others – the rewards can take the pressure out of your normal routine.
6. Safe Driving: When people get behind the wheel of a car, they bring all the distractions and pressures of life with them. That’s why it’s so important to limit any additional distractions, which of course includes not driving drunk or drugged out, but also no texting and driving, or using one hand to talk on the phone.
7. Flu Shot: Make sure you get your flu shot in the fall, no matter where you live because the flu can crop up anywhere. And make sure you encourage your family and friends to get their flu shots, too. It also helps to stop the spread of flu, too.
8. Annual Physical: In health care, we don’t like surprises, and neither should you. Everyone should give the gift of an annual physical to themselves, regardless of age. It’s how healthcare providers ensure your health, catch any problems early and establish a supportive relationship so that they’re there to help when you need them.
9. Senior Care: If you have seniors in your life who have Medicare, be sure they know they can get a complete health screening and plan once a year from their medical provider, and it’s totally covered by Medicare. The piece of mind that comes from a good screening and a solid plan can help not just the seniors in your life, but can help reduce your stress level, too.
10. Teen Skin Care: Teenage years are enough of a challenge, but they don’t have to include acne. Get the teens in your life a clinical approach to treating acne to care for it once and for all. They’ll feel better about themselves, and you’ll feel better about their wellbeing.
MORE INFO: FastMed Urgent Care is a North Carolina-based owner and operator of urgent care facilities with locations throughout North Carolina and in the greater Phoenix, Arizona. FastMed focuses on the delivery of non-appointment based medicine to the non-emergency patient market. The urgent care centers are open 365 days a year and are staffed with experienced and licensed physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners. FastMed is owned by Comvest Group, a leading private investment firm focused on providing equity and debt capital to lower middle-market companies.
For more information, please visit www.fastmed.com.