From the “Less is more” school of thought, All of Leap Adaptive’s designs are principled on minimizing grid reliance, reducing building mass and maximizing space. The sustainable home designs from Leap Adaptive are the Acacia, Nano, DragonFly and the Hummingbird designs. The homes are customizable and endowed with eco-minded technologies, leveraged with modern, sophisticated style.
The Hummingbird series of designs are the smallest iteration of Leap Adaptive. From a scant 480 square foot “h1”, a single bedroom bachelor/guest house to the NEW and larger 1350 square foot “h3”, the Hummingbird models feature a spacious and open-airy design, passive day-lighting and solar capturing roof designs.
The NEW Hummingbird h3 features 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, a large kitchen-greatroom area, two chill decks and a two-car garage. One of the bedrooms is semi-detached affording the occupant the flexibility to utilize it as an office, domestic quarters, an at home dorm or an artist retreat. The stylish and contemporary design is as much at home in a rural setting as it is in a sun-kissed tropical hideaway. Customizable to meet your needs and lifestyle, the h3 is the ultimately adaptive.
Build it. Live it. Luv it.
Leap Adaptive, PO BOX 910725 San Diego, CA 92191, Ph.
858.554.0731 Fax. 858.764.0586
Endorsing the latest in green technology, the buildings are LEED supportive designs made up of eco-friendly and bio-engineered recycled content and materials, with sustainability and low VOC content. Popular features include the EnergyStar rated super efficient Renaii tankless water-heater, low-flow plumbing fixtures, EnergyStar rated appliances, zone-controlled HVAC system and LED and CFL lighting.
All models are available with modular European cabinets and the latest in Green-rated interior finishes. In addition, Leap home designs optimize both solar and passive-Green design to lower the owner’s net operating cost.
Available in complete plans, a D.Y.I. (Do it Yourself) building kit and as site built home, customized to your liking, the Hummingbird series of designs serves as a resourceful, efficient and beautiful second or stand alone dwelling solution.
Construction Document Package (Complete Plans) $ 1,955.00
D.I.Y. Building Kit $ 134,995.00
Visit our website at www.leapadaptive.com for pricing detail. Release date for the Hummingbird h3 is January 1, 2012.
• Green based building design integrating passive solar, thermal mass and vertical “Heat Stack” design.
• LEED supportive building materials and design, supporting high material yield, sustainability, low VOC content and engineered recycled content.
• Available R-5 rated windows and patio doors. DOE (Department of Energy) discount program may be apply depending on availability.
• Panelized construction for tight fit & finish and out of the box accuracy.
• EnergyStar rated Super efficient “Takagi” Tank-less on- demand, water-heater.
• Low-flow plumbing fixtures. Including Available LG under-counter Clothes Washer/Dryer system.
• EnergyStar rated Heat-pump HVAC system.
• EnergyStar rated LED and CFL lighting.
• Available modular cabinets, with European design and fitments.
• Available Designer fixtures and finishes.
• Linear fire-ribbon (Not your parent’s fireplace.)
• Reclaimed stone surfacing.
• Customizable finish palettes
# # #
The most advanced on-line Green home plans available to owners, contractors, developers and architects. Our designs are modern and efficient, delivering beautiful "Pragmatic Green" design, utilizing the latest in Green building technologies at an affordable price.