(New York, NY) –Results of the FXB International’
The most recent survey found that:
• 100% of FXB-Village beneficiaries are participating in household or group micro-enterprises.
• 84% of FXB-Village households report being able to save in a typical month, up from less than 15% at the start of the project.
• Average monthly savings have increased tenfold from baseline to Year 2, from an average savings per household per month of $4 to $40.
• The average percentage of households who report eating three meals each day has increased from 20% to 79%. 99% of households consume two or more meals per day.
• 99% of households report having access to health care; 96% report having been tested for HIV.
• 97% households report that they have the financial means to send their children to school.
• The proportion of HIV positive heads of household who report being treated differently or stigmatized as a result of their status has decreased from 30% to 11% as a result of 2 years in an FXB-Village.
The final survey will be completed in all 1,600 USAID project households by early 2012. The USAID project focuses on 20 FXB-Villages;
To read the full report, visit http://www.fxb.org/
To learn more about FXB’s innovative model, visit www.fxb.org.