What do Children in Need, the British Heart Foundation, RSPCA, Crisis and Oxfam all have in common? Apart from the fact they’re established UK charities? These smart not-for-profit organisations all use 0300 and 0303 special telephone numbers for their inbound calls, because they’re caller friendly and help increase the revenue generated through public donations.
0300 & 0303 numbers help charities to deal with their calls better
This type of virtual telephone number are popular with callers as calls are charged at the same rate compared to a standard UK landline, or, they are completely free is the caller has free bundled minutes. Because more than half of all telephone calls are now made from mobiles, 0300 & 0303 are the number of choice for hundreds of charities across the UK. 0300 & 0303 was specially allocated by Ofcom for charities and the public sector, to allow these not-for-profit organisations to differentiate themselves from commercial businesses. As a result, callers can be more confident they’re contacting a legitimate charity and vitally, know it’s not going to cost them a fortune to call from their mobile. Children in Need was the first charity to really see the benefit of 03 numbers and now uses theirs every year during the TV marathon to maximise donations made by the public.
Minimal outgoings from 0300 & 0303
Crucially, 0300 & 0303 numbers are cheap to run, as incoming calls are charged at just 0.3p per minute. On average, it costs charities less than £15.00 a month to operate special 0300 & 0303 numbers, which is vital for any not-for-profit organisation looking to minimise overheads. Charities choosing to go 03 will be able to enjoy the valuable benefits this special number range delivers:
• They’re cheap to run, with incoming calls costing just 0.3p per minute
• Organisations with 03 receive more calls compared to organisations that don’t use them. This is because 03 numbers cost the same to call as a normal landline (even from a mobile) or are free for the caller if they have free minutes.
• 03 numbers are more memorable than a normal landline, helping the public to easily remember the number and ultimately, increase donations. The RSPCA use the highly memorable 0300 1234 999 for their cruelty line, with 999 emphasising this number should be used in an emergency.
• Instant call routing to ensure all calls are answered.
• A number for life which saves charities a lot of money when they relocate. Reordering stationary alone is more expensive than securing a 03 number, as these start at just £99.
• Fantastic free call stats to show you how hard your 03 number is working.
• Voicemail to email, so you’re always notified of any new messages.
Charities can phase in 03 numbers as they wish
0300 and 0303 numbers work in tandem with an existing landline or mobile numbers. They simply 'sit on top of' and are directed to a chosen 'destination number', allowing charities to integrate them as they wish, at a time that is convenient to them. 0300 and 0303 numbers can only be used by charities and public bodies, so make sure you’re charities secures on today. Windsor Telecom is the UK’s leading supplier of 0300 & 0303 numbers, and provides hundreds charities with their 03, including: RSPCA, YMCA, Blue Cross, Anorexia & Bulimia Care and MIND.
# # #
Windsor Telecom is the UK's leading provider of 0300 and 0303 special telephone numbers and works exclusively with hundreds of UK charities, to deliver the best priced packages and call solutions.