The genesis of Artisan Infrastructure followed the inability of service providers to build complex cloud solutions through established cloud hosting providers. Before Artisan Infrastructure, MSPs did not have an easy way to autonomously troubleshoot systems, control snapshots and system mirroring, add capacity, ensure the isolation of data for greater security or gain a full view into systems running their applications. With Artisan Infrastructure, “the game has changed”; MSPs are now choosing the company’s CornerstoneSM virtual Private Data Center (vPDC) for complete autonomy, control, security and visibility when building their own private and public cloud solutions.
According to IDC, public cloud computing services will fuel the IT industry for the next 25 years with growth forecast at 27.6 percent per year, becoming a $72.9 billion market by 2015. The market research firm estimates that public cloud computing will account for 46 percent of all new growth in IT spending, most notably in applications, app development and deployment, infrastructure, storage and servers. Of this growth, the U.S. will represent 50 percent of all public cloud services spending in 2015.
As a cloud solution enabler, Artisan Infrastructure pre-defines the solution architecture requirements to help MSPs, ISVs, and Certified Solutions Ecosystem partners validate their solutions on Cornerstone vPDC. This delivers a quick path to revenue for partners by leveraging a “templated”
This year has been the most active for Artisan Infrastructure since its founding. In one month with just one of its customers, the company increased its infrastructure by 250TB of storage, 3TB of RAM and thousands of virtual machines.
Over the past 12 months, the company achieved a number of milestones, led by significant growth in MSP customers. These include:
• 25% monthly compounded growth rate in MSP partners and revenue
• 400% employee growth in 2011, anticipated to more than double in 2012
• Average monthly infrastructure increase in RAM of 4TB
• Cornerstone vPDC expansion to support additional technology areas, including cloud-based BCDR, application publishing, VDI, security and VoIP
• Global service and support enhanced to 24x7
• Launch of Artisan Infrastructure’
“Artisan makes it easy for me to promote and sell ‘cloud’ to my clients and anyone else that walks by on the street,” said D. Stephen Haynes, COO, Tech Officers, LLC. “Having Artisan Infrastructure ‘vet’ solution partners is wonderful for us, and we greatly appreciate the work and effort that goes into keeping this smooth. It's very much appreciated, and we are excited to grow with Artisan Infrastructure and its partner network!”
Launched in late 2011, Artisan Infrastructure’
Previously, only the largest Service Providers (SPs) could build and offer broad product portfolios because of the massive capital investment requirements and daunting nature of such an undertaking. For smaller MSPs the deterrents include:
• Engineering resources and technical knowhow required to evaluate various vendor solutions and concern over unproven solutions
• Technical complexity of the solutions that required advanced engineering skill sets for solution certifications and architectural design
• Expensive infrastructure resources to build, test and trial complex solutions
The new program by Artisan Infrastructure invests the capital and provides the technical skill set to make a wide array of applications available to smaller SPs, thereby eliminating the above mentioned barriers to entry. Artisan Infrastructure’
• Making them more agile and significantly reducing their time-to-market (TTM)
• Making complex architectures simpler
• Enhancing simplicity via “templated”
• Providing solution specific technical and sales training
“A strategic advantage of Artisan Infrastructure is its compelling deployment model which allows service providers to install solutions in a single day,” said Scott Sims, General Manager, Americas, 2X Software, an Artisan Infrastructure ISV Ecosystem Partner. “By cutting the time-to-market by a wide margin, our mutual customers realize the value of our technology without delays resulting from application set up and testing.”
Artisan Infrastructure's best-in-class infrastructure is built with industry-leading vendors that include VMware, NetApp, Xsigo, Dell, Arista, Brocade, and Clavister. All Artisan Infrastructure solutions are housed in multiple, geographically diverse, SAS 70 Type II certified data centers to provide maximum redundancy and security.
Tweet This: @ArtisanInf Celebrates 250th #MSP Partner Success Driven by Wholesale #Infrastructure for #Cloud Service Providers
About Artisan Infrastructure Inc.
Artisan Infrastructure is the wholesale Infrastructure-