As Corporate Partner, the team at White Pepper have pledged to help the charity in various ways; the latest of which is by holding an open day, this Saturday (10th December), where they will be selling the Diverse Abilities Plus cookery book ‘Scrumptious Home Baking’. The event, ‘A Taste of Christmas at White Pepper’, will be held between 10am – 4pm at their cookery school, located at Bere Farm, Wareham Road, Dorset, BH16 6ER. All proceeds from the sale of the book go directly to the charity.
The free event will feature cookery demonstrations of how to make gourmet mince pies, canapés and a Yule log, carols around the Christmas tree, children’s crafts, a free prize draw and cupcake decorating. Santa will even be making an appearance! All attending will also receive a complimentary free glass of mulled wine and a slice of mincemeat strudel.
White Pepper Cookery School is operated by a team of four culinary experts, driven by their passion for quality food and first class teaching; they offer a wide range of cookery courses and workshops for all ages and abilities.
Helen Alexander, Fundraising Manager at Diverse Abilities Plus, said: “White Pepper helped us enormously this year by helping to produce and launch our new recipe book. We are very happy to announce them as a Corporate Partner, and hope that this will be the start of a long and successful partnership.”
For more information or to contact Diverse Abilities Plus please visit www.diverseabilitiesplus.org.uk or call 01202 718266. Find out more about White Pepper Cookery School at www.white-pepper.co.uk.
Diverse Abilities Plus is a charity that has been supporting children and adults with Cerebral Palsy and associated disabilities working in the County of Dorset, England for 55 years. The charity provides a range of assistance, support and education services for young people aged two to 19, adults and families. Services include:
• Langside School – independent, non maintained specialist day school for children and young people from the age of two to 19 years who have PMLD (profound and multiple learning disabilities)
• Smithers – provides overnight and day short breaks. Short breaks help families manage the challenges of providing full time care for their child. A visit can be during the day or a ‘sleep over’ allowing the child to make and meet friends and relax and enjoy themselves.
• Shapes – provides home support (domiciliary care) for children and young people aged between two and 18 with individually tailored programs.
• Project My Time – provides child-led holiday activities that give young people with disabilities the same leisure and fun opportunities that their peers enjoy.
• Barnabas – a well equipped day setting for adults. Adults can learn new skills and enjoy a wide range of experiences.
• Supported living – this service is for people who live in their own home but may need up to 24/7 support.
• Disability Wessex - offers assistance with disability benefits for people with disabilities or chronic and acute health conditions and their families or carers, as well as the parents of disabled children.
• Play Opportunities - supports families with disabled children to have a chance to get out and enjoy themselves with other families in similar situations.
• Awesome Days and Awesome Nights – A youth group, set up and run by young people of all abilities, aged between 13 - 19 years.
• Face 2 Face – a free and confidential network of trained volunteer befrienders, who support parents to make positive adjustments to the news that their child has a disability or additional need. Every Face2Face befriender is a parent whose own child has a disability. They know what it's like to cope with a new diagnosis and can offer support parent to parent.
The charity was founded in 1955 by Mrs Phyllis Edwards who formed a group of parents intent on providing better opportunities for their children with physical and learning disabilities.
Visit Diverse Abilities Plus Facebook page at www.facebook.com/
For more information
Contact: Zoe Hiljemark, PR Account Director / Jenny Pearce, Senior PR Account Executive
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 777111 / +44 (0) 7770 924439
Address: Marketing Matters, Unit C, Acorn Business Park, Ling Road, Poole, Dorset, UK, BH12 4NZ
# # #
Marketing Matters is an integrated creative, digital and PR agency based in Poole, Dorset. We work across a range of sectors, specialising in marine, property, charity and B2B clients on a national and international level.