Palm Desert and its redevelopment agency were named defendants in a suit particularly filed by Kathy Seacrist and John McDonald last April. Reportedly, Seacrist purchased a home in Desert Rose in 1997. After ten years, it is said that she and McDonald suffered from various mold symptoms.
The mold discovered in the said house was caused by the improper drainage of the air conditioning and other appliances. And so for the pain and suffering, for the emotional distress, for the property damages and for the medical bills and lost earnings, the two sued Palm Desert for a total of 12 million dollars.
Along with Palm Desert, Civic Center Barrio Housing Corporation was also named as a defendant in the lawsuit.
Read more $12 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Palm Desert
“In 1997, Kathy Seacrist bought a home in Palm Desert through the city's affordable housing program. Ten years after and she and housemate John McDonald suffered illnesses they claimed caused by toxic mold. Earlier this year, their hunch had been confirmed. And so, the two filed a $12 million suit in April naming Palm Desert and Civic Center Barrio Housing Corporation as defendants.”
“Particularly, mold is said to have caused Kathy and John to suffer from seizures, fever, pains and other mold symptoms. According to them, the growth of mold is caused by the poor drainage for the air conditioning system and other appliances.”
“The $12 million lawsuit filed by the two is broken down into the following: $5 million for pain and suffering; $5 million for emotional distress; $1 million for property damages and 1.25 for medical bills and lost earnings.”
Read more about Mold Caused Palm Desert $12 Million Suit
“The city of Palm Desert has been named in a $12 million lawsuit over mold discovered in a home built through its affordable housing program.”
“Palm Desert and its redevelopment agency are among the defendants in a suit filed in April by Kathy Seacrist and John McDonald, who still live in the home in the Desert Rose development where the suit says mold was discovered earlier this year.”
“Seacrist bought the home in 1997. Ten years later, she and McDonald began to suffer seizures, fever, pain and other symptoms they blame on toxic mold, caused by improper drainage of air conditioning and other appliances.”
Read more about $12 Million Suit Filed Against Palm Desert Due to Mold at: http://www.mold-
To prevent mold growth, Mold-Removal advised property owners that leaks and drainage problems must be prevented. That's because they are often the sources of moisture that promotes mold presence.
However, if mold is already growing, the site suggests that an effective mold remediation must then be implemented. And to make the process safe as well, it recommends the use of Molderizer. Unlike the conventional mold removal solutions, Molderizer is made of biodegradable ingredients. And so, it poses no chemical-related illnesses.
Get more news involving mold. Read http://www.prlog.org/
Fight off mold. Visit http://www.mold-
# # #
Green cleaning product manufacturer which uses natural ingredients found in remote locations of the world, like the jungles of Peru that not only clean, but also infuse wellness.