PRLog - Dec. 5, 2011 - PEORIA, Ariz. -- Last month, WTKR-TV NewsChannel 3 reported that forty military families have complained to them about mold problems at military housing in Virginia Beach, Virginia. According to their report, they have received numerous inquiries from families that have had problems with mold on wet drywall, collapsing drywall and terrible musty mold odors. One family in particular had water damaged drywall fall into their daughter’s crib. The family moved to another location and had drywall then collapse in their master bedroom.
Sussex Env. Health Consultants Logo
Hurricane Irene did leave a path of extensive rain, flooding and property damage along the coast back in August. Many of these damaged properties are now dealing with extensive mold contamination issues. Since mold spores can be found virtually everywhere all it takes is moisture, which can be in the form of flooding, broken pipes, leaking roofs and windows or even just elevated humidity levels, for mold to begin to grow.
People who come in contact with elevated levels of mold may suffer allergies, asthma attacks and even possible fungal infections in some cases. “It doesn’t take long for mold to begin growing in indoor environments,”
SEHC has sponsored a public outreach video about the health effects of mold exposure, it can be seen at:
To learn more about SEHC’s IAQ, environmental, or health and safety services, please visit http://www.sussexenvironmental.com, email susan.white@
# # #
About Sussex Environmental Health Consultants, LLC
SEHC is a certified woman owned business that provides environmental and health and safety consulting services. The company is located in the Mid-Atlantic and services customers nationwide. SEHC provides solutions to clients ranging from homeowners to international Fortune 500 Corporations.