The court dismissed with prejudice the claim from Robert Ross, a music industry entrepreneur. Ross alleged that O’Neal and co-defendant Mark Stevens directed members of the Main Street Mafia Crips gang to kidnap, attack, rob, and threaten him.
Other case summaries include:
• Parent Rebuffed in Claim that Athletics Policies Were Unconstitutional
• Appeals Court Extends New Life to Rutgers Discrimination Case
• Expert Reports Deemed Discoverable in Golf Cart Liability Case
• Tulane Takes Partial Victory against Former Coach
• Beasley Lawsuit Turns Entitlement on Its Ear, Expert Sees Challenges for NBA Star
• Controversy, Scandal, and Injustice: Panelists Looks at What Is Next for Amateur Athletics
• Practical Considerations in Organizing Nostalgic Athletes into Revenue Generating Enterprises (Part I)
• Movement to End Blackouts Picks Up Steam
• USA v. Full Tilt Poker, et al: Overview and Potential Sports Implications
• General Counsel for the Phoenix Suns Promoted to COO
Coming out 24 times a year, the Alert features a searchable archive of more than 1000 case summaries and articles pertinent to the sports law field.
Subscribe to Sports Litigation Alert by visiting www.sportslitigationalert.com.
About Hackney Publications
Hackney Publications (www.hackneypublications.com)