Contact: Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.), Jeffrey Imm, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-613-8789
Human Rights Day News Conference
December 8, 2011, 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., National Press Club, 529 14th Street, NW 13th Floor, Washington, DC
Date: December 8, 2011
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Event Type: News Conference
Event Location: Lisagor Room, National Press Club, 529 14th Street, NW 13th Floor, Washington, DC
Human Rights Activists Remember Human Rights Day, Call for Protection of the Vulnerable Around the World!
Human rights activists will address various global human rights issues including: women's rights, children's rights, freedom of conscience, the challenge of identity group extremists, the need to end genocide in Darfur and Sudan, the oppression of Pakistan Christian minorities, the oppression of Baloch people, the oppression of the Falun Dafa/Gong in the PRC, and the oppression of the Bahrani people.
Note we are holding this on December 8, as Human Rights Day (December 10 is on a Saturday this year – so that people who hold religious services on Friday and Saturday will be respected).
Human rights activist speakers will include:
* Jeffrey Imm, Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.) - on the future of global human rights in the face of global poverty and the impact on children's rights, women's rights, and minority rights
* Mohamed Yahya, Damanga Coalition for Freedom and Democracy and Niemat Ahmadi, United to End Genocide - on the continuing genocide and human rights violations in Darfur and Sudan
* Dr. Nazir Bhatti, Pakistan Christian Congress - on the human rights violations of Christian minorities in Pakistan
* Carolyn Cook, United for Equality - supporting American Women's Constitutional Equality, and explaining the essential need for the Equal Rights Amendment (E.R.A.)
* Ahmar Mustikhan, Senior Journalist and Area Expert, Balochistan - regarding the oppression and abuse of the Baloch people by those within Pakistan
* Jared Pearman, Spokesperson of Falun Dafa Association of Washington DC, oppressed in the PRC and denied their most basic human rights by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP)
* Husain Abdulla, Americans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) - speaking on behalf of Bahranis oppressed by government forces that seek to deny democracy
# # #
Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.) is a volunteer, human rights coalition concerned with religious pluralism, gender equality, racial equality, and human liberty. We have web sites at RealCourage.org and RealHumanRights.com. R.E.A.L. has been nationally known for challenging racial and religious extremist groups, and promoting compassion, human rights, and dignity for all people of all identity groups. We urge all to Choose Love, Not Hate, Love Wins.