More information, including the formal offering document, will be available when the offering commences. Interested fans will be able to access the full information online at www.Packers.com.
“We appreciate the interest that fans have expressed in our fifth stock offering,” said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. “We are not yet in a position to fully discuss the offering. However, this information will answer some of the initial questions that we’ve received. We look forward to formally launching the offering next week.
“We ask fans to look for details Dec. 6 on Packers.com.”
Following is a list of details currently available:
· The price per share will be $250, and there will be a handling charge.
· The offering will be limited to persons in the United States, as well as Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
· Shares will be able to be purchased online with credit or debit cards, and also via mail.
· Only individuals (including spouses as joint tenants) will be able to purchase shares.
· The Packers will initially offer 250,000 shares.
· No one may buy more than 200 shares (counting any shares that the person purchased in the 1997-1998 offering).
· The offering will continue until Feb. 29, 2012, subject to extension.
In contemplation of the offering, interested fans should note:
· Stock in the Packers does not constitute an investment in “stock” in the common sense of the term.
· The Packers will have no obligation to repay the amount a buyer pays to purchase Packers stock.
· Anyone considering the purchase of Packers stock should not purchase the stock to make a profit or to receive a dividend or tax deduction or any other economic benefits.
· Any offering of Packers stock will only be made through an offering document.
· The Packers believe offerees and purchasers of Packers stock will not receive the protection of securities laws with respect to any offering or sale of Packers stock.
· The Packers bylaws and NFL rules severely restrict transfers of Packers stock.
* * *
***MEDIA NOTE: Due to legal considerations, the Packers will not discuss any details of the offering until the launch. A press conference is scheduled for 8 a.m., Tuesday, Dec. 6, in the Packers media auditorium, followed by a conference call at 9 a.m. More information on the media availability will be distributed Monday, Dec. 5.
Green Bay Packers
# # #
Long time sports and entertainment communications, marketing and branding executive now handling a series of consulting businesses and freelance projects. Check out our best practices site at joefavorito.com or email us at fatherknickerbocker1@