1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

Eliminate the Yellow Pages Book and Create 1,100 Jobs in the United States

Only 30% of people actually use the Yellow Pages Book. When the cost of creation & distribution for each book can be so high, it seems counterproductive to produce physical copies of the YP Book when they offers a website that is just as useful.

 
PRLog - Dec. 1, 2011 - Inreact
Ann Nunez, Creative Director
7170 SW 47th Street
Miami, Fl 33155
1-855-4inreact ext. 864
ann@inreact.com


Eliminate the Yellow Pages Book and Create 1,100 Jobs in the United States
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Think back to the last time you sifted through the Yellow Pages Book that is complimentarily sent to your home. Can you even remember? The fact is that only 30% of people actually use the physical Yellow Pages Book. When the cost of creation & distribution for each book can be so high in more than just the monetary sense (environmentally-speaking, perhaps?), it seems counterproductive to produce physical copies of the YP Book when the Yellow Pages offers a comprehensive website that is just as useful, if not more so.
As statistics regarding the Yellow Pages Book were collected, the numbers were staggering in relation to how much a physical advertisement costs in relation to a web-based advertisement. It also became apparent that, especially in the environmental sense, Yellow Pages Books are relatively inefficient when compared to their web counterpart.
The average Yellow Pages Book contains approximately 625 pages. According to the Yellow Pages Association, 555 million Yellow Pages Books are distributed in the United States annually, which means that approximately 346,875,000,000 pages are printed. Taking this idea a step forward, only 40% of these pages are made of recycled materials, so the other 60% (208,125,000,000 pages) are made from brand new resources.
So, now there is the disposal of the 70% of Yellow Pages Books that people never use. This is where the real money comes in. According to the Product Stewardship Institute, it costs $54 million dollars a year to dispose of the unused Yellow Pages Books. Using the average salary rates from 2010 for Americans, ($46,300), eliminating this cost of disposal could create 1,166 jobs.
It’s easy to do your part to help, and you have the Yellow Pages Association to thank. Just visit http://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/ and fill out a simple form. The process takes less than five minutes.

# # #

We begin by providing you a fully search engine optimized website with all the bells and whistles. No matter what industry your business is in, all the necessary tools are available on the Content-Management-System-based website.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@inreact.com Email Verified
Source:Inreact, Inc.
Phone:855-446-7322
Zip:33135
City/Town:Miami - Florida - United States
Industry:Marketing
Tags:yellow pages, YPBOOKFREE, Green, eco friendly, jobs, unemployment
Shortcut:prlog.org/11738785
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share