“Today marks a significant milestone for McGladrey,” said Joe Adams, managing partner and CEO for McGladrey. “As a reunited firm, we can effectively and efficiently provide our clients with seamless access to world-class resources to drive their success. Growing organizations — from owner-managed businesses to public companies and national nonprofits — have unprecedented challenges and opportunities in the face of new regulations, economic uncertainty and globalization. McGladrey has deep understanding of the issues these organizations face and unparalleled experience to help them reach their goals.”
In the past 18 months, McGladrey has opened a national tax office in Washington, D.C., realigned its business consulting services, launched a new brand and opened various international service desks to support its domestic clients with international operations and foreign clients looking to expand into the U.S.
“McGladrey is building on a foundation of strength, and we will continue to make significant investments in talent and in our brand,” said Adams. “In November alone, we hired more than 450 entry-level assurance and tax professionals, and we renewed our sponsorship of The McGladrey Classic – a PGA TOUR Fall Series event.”
FIRM LEADERS NAMED
Concurrent with its return to a traditional CPA firm structure, McGladrey named a leadership team to oversee its strategy and primary lines of business.
“The management team includes proven McGladrey leaders such as Mike Kirley, who led the firm’s international growth strategy; Doug Opheim, who led the acquisition financing team; Jim Morton, who introduced operational efficiencies and new technologies into our assurance practice; Jeff Johannesen, who has been instrumental in growing McGladrey’s tax business in the West; and Gary Sturisky, who has built a top-notch consulting practice since joining as its national leader in July 2010,” said Adams.
The national leadership team will be composed of:
• Joe Adams (Chicago, IL) – Managing partner and CEO
• Mike Kirley (Chicago, IL) – Chief operating officer
• Doug Opheim (Bloomington, MN) – Chief financial officer
• Jim Morton (Elkhart, IN) – Assurance national leader
• Jeff Johannesen (Des Moines, IA) – Tax national leader
• Gary Sturisky (Atlanta, GA) – Business consulting national leader
In addition to the national leadership team, five regional leaders will oversee the firm’s local markets:
• Bill Gorman – Southeast (Washington, DC; Florida; Georgia; Maryland; North Carolina and Virginia)
• Tom Ferreira – Northeast (Massachusetts;
• David Shane – Great Lakes (Illinois; Indiana; Ohio and Eastern Wisconsin)
• Kevin Prien – Central (Colorado; Iowa; Minnesota; Missouri; Nebraska; South Dakota; Texas and Western Wisconsin)
• Don Natenstedt – West (Arizona; California; Nevada and Washington)
McGladrey & Pullen, LLP operates under the McGladrey brand as the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey & Pullen is a licensed CPA firm, and is a member of RSM International, the sixth largest global network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms. For more information, visit http://www.mcgladrey.com, join our Facebook fan page at McGladrey News (http://facebook.com/
# # #
McGladrey is the brand under which RSM McGladrey Inc., and McGladrey & Pullen LLP serve clients’ business needs. Together, they rank as the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with 7,000 professionals and associates.