Participants to the conference, as well as keen Tweeps from Dubai, the UAE and the world, shared their creative and original ideas which were then converted from the digital realm to a futuristic masterpiece with the help of talented local artist Zanjeer Salam.
The result was a four metre canvas displaying a variety of unique ideas of what the 'Hotel of the Future (http://www.jumeirah.com/
The TEDx programme is designed to give communities, organisations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue at the local level. Jumeirah Group, a sponsor of TedX Dubai (http://www.jumeirah.com/
The top 10 ideas to be transposed to the canvas were:
- #HotelFuture floats in clouds and has invisible walls and floors to offer a breath-taking view. Food can be teleported.
- The flying hotel that glides travellers around the world in style.
- "Holographic Virtual Personal Assistant" with a menu of caricatures to choose from.
- An underwater hotel with a view of the marine life from the windows.
- It'd be nice to see some pet-friendly hotels.
- Hotel of the future should have iPads in every room.
- The walls of the room would basically be an LED touchscreen that could be dimmed to convert to glass with the view.
- Guests are virtually transported to a destination of their choice by selecting one from Jumeirah hotels' travel channel.
- Hotel in the Heavens - zero gravity orbital hotel located on the moon. Wake up gazing out at terra firma in repose.
- Each bedroom in the #HotelFuture will have its own robot for cleaning and other services.
Jumeirah captured the experience with an on-site camera crew to capture the ideas as they were illustrated. The video can be viewed on http://www.youtube.com/
- ENDS -
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of luxury hotels (http://www.jumeirah.com/
For further information please contact:
Director of Corporate Communications
Jumeirah Group Corporate Communications
PO Box 73137
United Arab Emirates