1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

Cross Country Champion Runs for Newest Model in Urban Ed Reform

Haverford College alum and national cross-country champion Anders Hulleberg ran for Community Partnership School, a new model in urban education reform, and placed in the top 100 of the Philadelphia Half-Marathon.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

 
PRLog (Press Release) - Nov. 27, 2011 - National cross-country champion and Haverford College alumni, Anders Hulleberg, placed in the top 100 of the Philadelphia Half-Marathon. He was part of “Team CPS”, running to raise money for Community Partnership School, a new model on the forefront of urban education reform. “People should care about CPS because it represents a unique, bold model for bringing a first-rate independent school education to a low-income neighborhood. It has a dedicated, competent leadership team and the potential to make waves in the world of urban education, which many consider to be the defining social justice issue of our time,” says Hulleberg.

A pre-kindergarten through fifth grade co-educational independent school located in North Central Philadelphia, Community Partnership School(CPS) was founded in 2006 through the collaborative efforts of Germantown Academy, one of the region’s most successful independent schools, and Project H.O.M.E., a nationally recognized social services agency.  Of the school’s $1.6 million budget, only 5% comes from tuition, while the remaining 95% comes from donations.

Community Partnership School is a true to its name, as it welcomes and depends on the commitment of parents,volunteers, and community-based organizations to execute its mission.  Foundedin 2006, CPS celebrated its first graduating class last June, who have matriculated to competitive academic programs such as: William Penn Charter, Springside School, KIPP Philadelphia, and Norwood-Fontbonne Academy.

Hulleberg says, “CPS is very impressive.  As someone interested in urban education reform, I am happy to work here and excited to help raise money for the school.”

# # #

A top quality independent PK-5 elementary school in North Central Philadelphia created through a partnership between Germantown Academy and Project HOME to serve low-income families through community-wide collaborations.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@cpsphilly.org
Source:Community Partnership School
Phone:215-235-0461
Zip:19121
City/Town:Philadelphia - Pennsylvania - United States
Industry:Education, Non-profit, Event
Tags:Urban Education Reform, elementary education, independent schools, pre-kindergarten, Scholarship Organization
Shortcut:prlog.org/11734464
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share