1. A update on the extension of the biodiesel tax credit currently set to expire on December 31st and what it will mean to the industry (Guest Speaker);
2. A discussion of expiring Sec. 179 tax deductions provisions and how to best use the deductions in 2011 (Sherry Jean Larson, CPA, MBA, Christianson & Associates, PLLP);
3. The importance of strict compliance with RIN regulations in light of recent events (Jess Hewitt, Chairman, Gulf Hydrocarbon, Inc.);
4. The importance of accurate equipment appraisals and asset management when buying and selling equipment and raising capital. (Catherine J. Rein, MBA, AM; Owner of Sandalwood Valuation, LLC ;
5. Often overlooked insurance coverages for biodiesel plants. (David B. McKinney, CIC, CRM,CSP; IMA of Kansas, Inc.)
“As we near the end of 2011, we decided to host this call to address some of the pressing issues facing the biodiesel industry” says Wayne Lee, principal owner of Lee Enterprises Consulting. “I think the call will prove very informative not only to those currently in the industry, but also to those contemplating entry into industry and those who deal with the industry as a result of the Renewable Fuel Standard” says Lee.
This is a free call. However, capacity is limited. To reserve a spot and receive call-in information, those desiring to listen to the call should email Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Lee Enterprises is a biodiesel consulting firm specializing in project oversight & management, feasibility studies, grants, business plans, and assistance with planning, market analysis, site evaluation, feedstock selection and procurement, process technology, evaluation, offtake distribution, Phase I & Phase II environmental assessments, RINs, financing, capital budgeting, cold soak, filtration, personnel, and contract negotiations (for feedstock, off-take, transportation, construction, site purchase/lease, and plant management). The group also owns National Business Brokerage, Inc., a full service business brokerage firm specializing in the buying and selling of biodiesel plants. Lee Enterprises, 1503 East Kiehl Ave., Sherwood, AR 72120. (501) 833-8511. www.lee-enterprises.com.