PRLog - Nov. 22, 2011 - COVINGTON, La. -- The all-new "Duet" Rollator / Transport Wheelchair from Egan Medical is a revolutionary new product that is taking the world of personal mobility by storm. The product combines the features and functionality of both a rollator and transport chair in one simple medical equipment device.
Duet: Transport Wheelchair Plus Rollator in One
Imagine how much easier family vacations and even simple outings with the grandparents or other elderly individuals would be if you only had to pack one mobility equipment device instead of two (or four if both grandparents are alive and have limited mobility)? Since the Duet is both a full-featured rollator and transport chair, there is no need to load two bulky personal mobility devices into the vehicle that likely is already cramped for space.
Duet Transport Chair / Rollator URL: http://www.eganmedical.com/
The Duet is also extremely cost-effective. Standard rollators retail for $135-$150 on average. Transport chairs retail for anywhere from $150-$300 on average just for the wheelchair. At less than $200, the Duet Transport Chair + Rollator is roughly half the price of what one can expect to pay purchasing both items separately. At present, Egan Medical is offering the Duet for only $189.95, but that price won't be around long. The MSRP for the dual-purpose device is $335.40, which leaves the consumer with a savings totaling close to $150 ($145.45, to be exact) if the purchase were to be made before the end of the Christmas shopping season.
What is a Rollator?
For anyone unfamiliar with the verbiage, a rollator is a type of high-end rolling walker. A rollator, sometimes referred to as a rollator walker, features four wheels (as opposed to two with a rolling walker), locking hand-brakes for added safety, a seat, and depending upon the model either a basket or pouch underneath the seat for storing personal belongings.
What is a Transport Wheelchair?
A transport wheelchair, often referred to as simply a transport chair, is a wheelchair with four small wheels (as opposed to two large rear wheels and two small front wheels found on standard manual wheelchairs)
To learn more about transport wheelchairs and the differences between transport chairs and traditional manual wheelchairs, TransportWheelchairs.net (Link: http://www.transportwheelchairs.net ) is an excellent informational resource that Egan Medical recommends for informative purposes.
What features does the Duet offer relative to a standard rollator or transport wheelchair?
The Duet combines all of the features of both devices. It easily converts from transport mode to ambulatory mode (rollator mode) by simply reversing the position of the backrest, folding up the footrest and flipping down the ambulatory handles. To convert the device from rollator mode to transport mode, one need only do the opposite (unfolding the footrest, flipping up the handles and reversing the backrest). The entire process takes about 15-20 seconds.
One of the most amazing things about the Duet is that it weighs only 19 pounds when fully assembled, and can be assembled (box to completion) in a matter of minutes and without the use of any tools. It folds up easily for transport, and takes up about as much space as a standard rollator. The Duet is also quite versatile. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, making it the perfect personal mobility device for any occasion.
In terms of cost-effectiveness, the Duet is second-to-none. Rather than spend $350-$500 to purchase an average-quality rollator and transport wheelchair, one can get a high-end transport chair AND rollator for less than $200.
At present, the Duet Transport Chair / Rollator can be purchased for only $189.95 (USD). However, the price is part of an ongoing Christmas/holiday promotion that Egan Medical is offering through the holiday shopping season, so the low price won't be around forever.
The device can support users weighing up to 300 pounds, and it's quality is backed by a lifetime warranty.
* Combines all features of both a high-end rollator and transport wheelchair into one device.
* User can move about independently in ambulatory mode, or be pushed safely by a care giver.
* Product features locking flip up armrests and a flip down footrest to aid the user while the Duet is used in transport chair mode.
* Armrests and footrests (transport chair mode) fold away easily in seconds when being transitioned to ambulatory (rollator) mode.
* The tool-free two position contoured padded back rest is reversible depending on whether you are using the Duet in an ambulatory or transport chair mode.
* Easy release loop-lock brakes help ensure safety regardless of function.
* Features a comfortable padded seat with a large pouch under the seat for safe storage of personal items. Inside the pouch is a handle to aid with the folding of the device.
* The folding frame has a lock out feature to insure the unit stays open while in use and insures the unit will stay folded during transport.
* Large 8 inch casters (wheels) are built to handle both indoor and outdoor activities.
* Weighs only 19 pounds when fully assembled.
* 300 pound weight capacity.
* Limited Lifetime Warranty
* Available in 3 Colors: Blue, Black and Burgundy.
- UPC: 822383213484
- Available Colors: Blue, Black & Burgundy
- Price: $189.95 + Shipping (Offer Good for a Limited Time Only)
- Where to Buy: Egan Medical Equipment and Supply (Link: http://www.eganmedical.com)
# # #
Egan Medical is a retail vendor of durable medical equipment, medical supplies, orthopedic braces and supports, compression socks/stockings, mobility equipment and bathroom safety equipment. Egan Medical is a subsidiary of Egan Healthcare Services, Inc.