PRLog - Nov. 22, 2011 - ENGLEWOOD, N.J. -- Dreamkind developed Feel Electric!, a mobile app for Sesame Workshop’s The Electric Company. The free app uses videos, music, games, activities, and original content from The Electric Company to encourage children to explore and express their emotions. The app is built around an emotional curriculum designed to help children of U.S. Military Families understand and discuss complex feelings. Throughout the app, Feel Electric! addresses important and potentially sensitive issues in a way that is both accessible and enjoyable for children.
Learn about emotions with the Feel Electric! app.
The Feel Electric! app features:
• Hosts: Special appearances from The Electric Company characters Jessica Ruiz and Danny Rebus who guide users through the app and encourage them to share their feelings
• My Stuff: A media center where users can browse videos, music, and photos from The Electric Company or make and save their own pictures and videos
• The Moodosphere:
• Mood Tales: A silly story maker
• My Games: Three arcade-style vocabulary-building games
• The Mood Dude: An avatar maker where kids make characters to match their moods
• What’s the Word?: A glossary that defines and acts out 50 different emotions
The Feel Electric! app is part of Sesame Workshop’s Military Family Initiative, the latest phase of which is called Military Families Near and Far. It was produced in cooperation with the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury.
Feel Electric! is currently available for iPhones, iPods, and iPads and can be downloaded for free from Apple’s App Store by visiting this address:
Dreamkind is an award-winning digital studio that develops apps, online games, animations, websites, and social media initiatives. Dreamkind has developed apps in partnership with Sesame Workshop, the Defense Centers of Excellence, the United Nations World Food Program, Workman Publishing, ALEX, and many others. Dreamkind also develops top-ranking apps under its brand, including Office Riot and Frankenstein Matchmaker. Dreamkind is committed to children’s education and well-being and donates 10% of its profits to various children’s charities. Learn more at http://www.dreamkind.com.
For more information about Dreamkind, visit http://www.dreamkind.com or contact Matt Cohen at email@example.com.