Conference attendees will be able to view the micro inverter, which is scheduled for release in 2012 and boasts high reliability and performance.
“SMA is proud to tailor its products and services to meet the needs of Canadian solar installers,”
Also on display during Solar Canada 2011 will be the Sunny Boy HF-US line of high-frequency, residential inverters. These devices make installation even easier while offering improved advantages like higher efficiency, faster field configurability for positive ground modules and integrated wireless communication.
Expanding upon the proven technology of its predecessor, the Sunny Island 5048-US, the off-grid Sunny Island 6048-US offers increased efficiencies and 20 percent more power output.
Products and services that will be showcased at SMA's booth (No. 802) include:
• Sunny Boy 240: Available next year, the SMA micro inverter is ideal for roofs with multiple orientations, starter systems and where shading is unavoidable.
• Sunny Boy -US series: Assembled in Ontario, SMA has recently released temperature-
• Sunny Boy HF-US: Now shipping, the highly anticipated Sunny Boy HF-US is SMA's most installer-friendly inverter to date. Ideal for 2-3 kW solar arrays, it features a slim enclosure, reduced weight, modern graphic display and industry-leading CEC efficiencies of up to 97 percent.
• Sunny Island 6048-US: The new Sunny Island 6048-US boasts a maximum efficiency of 96 percent and CEC-weighted efficiency of 94 percent. It can be paired with SMA’s Multicluster Box, making it ideal for off-grid PV systems up to 100 kW.
SMA’s Solar Canada 2011 offerings extend beyond the booth.
Visitors can enhance their experience at this year’s conference by meeting with representatives from the SMA Solar Academy and Sunny PRO Club.
• SMA Solar Academy: The Solar Academy’s Sunny Boy 1 course promotes the highest standards in safety, installation and design. SMA will provide Ontario-focused instruction Dec. 4 to help you successfully navigate the Canadian Electrical Code.
• Sunny PRO Club: The Sunny PRO Club, a professional partnership that combines SMA's marketing and technical resources with installers' experience, is offering a day-long Regional Forum on Dec. 7 tailored for the Ontario solar market.
SMA Solar Technology AG (SMA/FWB: S92) is the global market leader for solar inverters, the leading supplier of transformers and chokes, and a provider of innovative energy supply solutions for mass transit and main-line rail transportation. The SMA Group generated sales of €1.9 billion in 2010. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented in 19 countries on four different continents. The Group employs a staff of over 5,300 worldwide, plus a number of temporary employees which varies on a seasonal basis. The multi award-winning product range covers solar inverters for roof systems, major solar projects and off-grid systems, enabling SMA to provide a technically optimized inverter solution for all size categories and system types. Its range of services is complemented by a worldwide service network. The highly flexible manufacturing plants for solar inverters in Germany and North America have a capacity of approximately 11.5 GW a year. The SMA Group also operates a manufacturing plant for electromagnetic core components in Poland. Since 2008, SMA has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for its excellence as an employer and achieved first place in 2011 in the federal “Great Place to Work” competition. www.SMA-Canada.ca
# # #
SMA Canada—a subsidiary of SMA Solar Technology AG, headquartered in Germany—provides Canada with the world’s finest inverter, control and monitoring products for renewable energy sources, primarily solar.