PRLog - Nov. 17, 2011 - VIENNA, Austria -- Expertise and excellence in the European gas industry is to be acknowledged with the inaugural European Gas Conference Awards which will be announced during the event in Vienna in January next year.
"Innovative strategies to stay ahead"
Says Sandra Haines, European Gas Conference programme director: “the shifting dynamics of the European gas industry mean that projects operating in the industry are continually required to develop robust and innovative strategies to stay ahead of the competition and ensure they are able to offer security of supply to the European market.”
Significant developments in the industry
Sandra continues: “over the last year we have seen significant developments in the industry – just recently BG Group announced a landmark $8 billion deal with Cheniere to become the first exporter of US shale gas and the impact is sure to be felt in Europe and further afield. Furthermore, a decision on the transportation of Azeri gas from the Shah Deniz field is imminent and with this, the landscape of the European gas industry looks set to change again. In a market which has traditionally been dependent on Russian gas, in the coming years the European market will finally be able to truly diversify gas supply thus ensuring competition and securing supply.”
She says in light of this, the European Gas Conference Awards are incredibly timely. She adds: “Held in conjunction with respected publisher Natural Gas Europe, these awards will recognise outstanding achievements in the industry. Companies who have successfully demonstrated an ability to think beyond the constraints of the traditional market will be acknowledged and an individual, who’s expertise, experience, knowledge and dedication has allowed them to make significant steps to ensuring security of supply will be rewarded.”
Four award categories
The European Gas Conference Awards offer four different categories, LNG Project of the Year, Pipeline Project of the Year, TSO of the Year and Executive of the Year.
• The LNG Project of the Year Award will acknowledge a successful, innovative and dynamic LNG project which has made signification contributions to the industry over the last 12 months.
• The Pipeline Project of the Year Award will recognise a pipeline project which has made significant progress, gained backing and gathered momentum to offer the European gas industry security of supply in years to come.
• The TSO of the Year Award will recognise a TSO who through optimal management and coordination has contributed to the smooth functioning of internal markets and facilitated cross-border trade.
• The Executive of the Year Award will acknowledge an individual who, through their dedication to the European gas industry has been pivotal in driving the industry forward.
The European Gas Conference has assembled a high-level advisory board from across the continent’s gas industry, combining expertise and knowledge. Members include:
• Dr Werner Auli, Member of the Executive Board, Head of Gas & Power, OMV Aktiengesellschaft
• Sergei Komlev, Head of Directorate, Contract Structuring and Price Formation, Gazprom Export
• Roman Zyuzev, Corporate Strategy, European Energy Exchange
• Guy Broggi, Head of LNG Supply, Total Gas & Power
The awards will be presented at a gala dinner during the event on 25 January 2012. The European Gas Conference is now accepting nominations for the awards and the deadline is 30 November. A shortlist will be published next month.
Event website: http://www.europeangas-
Event dates and location:
24 January 2012: Global LNG Day
25-26 January 2012: Conference days
27 January 2012: Post-conference master class
Location: Vienna Marriott Hotel, Parkring, Vienna, Austria
# # #
Clarion Events hosts strategic conferences conferences and seated events across Britain, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia, from leisure and entertainment to finance, from retail to gaming and from fine art to energy.