Help track the boats’ progress by sharing your fabulous photo with us and your followers - you stand a chance of winning a sailing course for you and a friend worth $9,000!
It may be that you spot them while on the Star Ferry, while enjoying lunch at Lei Yue Mun, hiking on the Dragon’s Back, shopping at Ap Lei Chau or soaking up the sun at Shek O.
Other possible vantage points include Chai Wan waterfront, Big Wave Bay, Stanley and Kennedy Town Praya, or perhaps you’re from out of town staying in a hotel with a Harbour view?
Wherever you are along the coast of Hong Kong Island on Sunday 20 November, at some point between 0830hrs and 1700hrs, you should see the parade of sails passing by.
To enter, all you have to do is tweet a photo of any of the boats competing in the ZOKE Around the Island Race and get your friends, family and followers to retweet your picture!
1. Begin by following @RHKYC on Twitter (but it’s great if you are already following us!)
2. Tweet the following message in full…
I’m entering RHKYC’s ZOKE ATIR twitter competition on 20 November! Join me! #RHKYC #sailing [and insert the bit.ly link found on this page http://www.rhkyc.org.hk/
3. On the day of the competition, simply tweet what you see between 0830hrs and 1700hrs! You may tweet more than once. All tweets must contain:
(i) a photograph of a boat or boats participating in RHKYC’s ZOKE Around the Island Race
(ii) the words ZOKE ATIR;
(iii) the location; and
(iv) the tags #RHKYC and #sailing
I wish I was sailing in the ZOKE ATIR around Hong Kong Island #RHKYC #sailing
Fantastic view from Stanley of the ZOKE ATIR #RHKYC #sailing
First ZOKE ATIR boat to reach Cape D’Aguilar!
Look at this ZOKE ATIR boat racing off Shek O #RHKYC #sailing
My favourite boat in the ZOKE ATIR seen in Stanley #RHKYC #sailing
Lunch in Cyberport watching the ZOKE ATIR go by #RHKYC #sailing
4. The competition period is from 0830hrs to 1730hrs on Sunday 20 November. Tweets made outside that time-frame will not be counted towards the competition.
5. The winner will be the person who has, in the opinion of RHKYC, the best tweet and photo.
6. The winner will be announced on Twitter by 1200hrs on Monday 21 November and the winner will be invited to the ZOKE Around the Island Race prizegiving at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club’s Kellett Island clubhouse in Causeway Bay that same evening.
*[First prize consists of two places on a scheduled RHKYC Level 1 & 2 Adult Beginners’ Course]
# # #
Sailing and rowing club. One of the oldest and most prestigious clubs in Hong Kong, RHKYC today has evolved into a multi-faceted and cosmopolitan organisation and its membership enjoys a comprehensive range of facilities, both afloat and ashore.