Indoor allergies start rearing their head around this time of year, which is why Indoor Allergy Week takes places from 14-20 November 2011. But for 21 million adults and many children in the UK who have allergies, raising awareness can help prevent unnecessary suffering.
Indoor allergy week is used to highlight the problems of seasonal allergies, particularly as we enter the winter months. As the weather worsens people spend more time in the house with the windows and doors closed tightly. Reduced ventilation, increased use of central heating and the risk of increased moisture levels provide ideal breeding grounds for allergens such as moulds and house dust mite.
So don’t wait for spring-cleaning. If you suffer from allergies to pets, house dust mite or mould, now is the time to give your home an autumn-clean!
Top tips for keeping your home free of indoor allergens:
1) Vacuum all carpets and soft-furnishings including upholstery
2) Don’t just dust surfaces, wipe them down with a clean, damp cloth (Remember: allergens live on hard as well as soft surfaces!)
3) Wash all bedding at 60 degree temperatures to kill house dust mites and dust mite allergens
4) Keep your home well ventilated
5) Consider improving the indoor air quality in your home by buying an air purifier like Cleanaer™. These air purifiers do not use aerosol gases and are ozone-free, completely silent, small, unobtrusive and much less expensive than filter-type devices.
Even the most vigorous household cleaning routine can’t treat the air itself. Cleanaer air purifiers are endorsed by the British Allergy Foundation / Allergy UK for the removal of house dust mite and cat allergens. When used with a Pure Allergy cartridge Cleanaer air purifiers provide the ideal solution for allergy-sufferers, helping them sleep better at night and live better during the day by reducing allergens in the air.
To buy a Cleanaer unit for your home go to http://www.cleanaer.com/
Contact: Gina Balarin, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01491 838 326
# # #
Atrium Innovation Ltd. owns the revolutionary air purifier, Cleanaer™, that improves indoor air quality by cleaning the very air itself. Cleanaer air purifiers remove unwanted particles from the air leaving rooms feeling fresher and purer and helping people breathe more easily.