Key features of The PropertyGuru:
* Free tabloid newspaper, which will provide fresh property news, insights, research, reviews and exclusive interviews focused on the Singapore and international property markets every fortnight, as well as currently available properties for sale and rent.
* Full colour throughout, including large classified property advertisements, to ensure a richer experience for readers.
* Distributed on the second and fourth Fridays of each month in the morning and evening to reach commuters on the way to work and on their way home - in Singapore's CBD and high footfall locations including central arteries of Singapore's transport exchanges and prime areas like Raffles Place, City Hall, Toa Payoh, Jurong East, Bukit Timah, Orchard Road and East Coast.
* Available at major country, social and town clubs (including The Island Country Club, Cricket Club, Tanglin Club, American Club), major coffee clubs (including Starbuck's, Coffee Bean and TCC) and serviced offices (including CEO Suite at Singapore Land Tower, The Executive Centre at Ocean Financial Centre and Raffles Business Suites at 16 Collyer Quay).
* Also in ‘easy to read' digital version which allows the user to ‘read and flip' pages, available on the same day as the print version each second and fourth Friday. The electronic copy will be promoted to over 3 million monthly users of the PropertyGuru.com.sg and CommercialGuru.com.sg sites. The electronic version can be downloaded from www.propertyguru.com.sg/
* Targeting PMEB's, high-net-worth individuals and wealthy expats - with an estimated monthly readership of 185,000 comprising 75,000 physical copies and 110,000 online readers. The large-scale local circulation, as well as worldwide distribution via a digital edition of the publication will now complement PropertyGuru's market-leading position in Asia.
* The Friday distribution has been specifically chosen to allow readers to plan their property-buying over the weekend. Potential property hunters usually unwind at the start of the weekend and begin collating data and information for the weekend's prospecting activities.
* Catering to the technology savvy user, a "QR code" is featured in every property classified advertisement, linking the reader to the online property listing on PropertyGuru.com via the iPhone - a truly innovative feature not available elsewhere.
* Inaugural advertisers include major Singapore real estate developers (including Far East Organization, CapitaLand, SP Setia, Bandar Raya Developments Berhad and Province Valley Sdn Berhad), real estate agents from the major real estate agencies (including DTZ, PropNex, ERA, Knight Frank, Savills and DWG) and non-property advertisers such as Extra Space, Jumbo Locker and Pioneer Training.
PropertyGuru Group CEO Steve Melhuish said, "PropertyGuru's aim has always been to help people make better and faster property decisions. As such, we continue to focus on innovation, transparency and customer services. This latest extension to the PropertyGuru family is part of this on-going commitment."
He added: "Creating great editorial content, news, surveys and research is a key part of our strategy, and with the introduction of The PropertyGuru, we plan to bring you even more insight and opinions - with fresh property news, insights, research, reviews and exclusive interviews focused on the Singapore and international property markets every fortnight. We are also making every edition of The PropertyGuru available as a free digital edition, no matter where you are in the world."
The editorial component of The PropertyGuru is being managed by experienced media professional Andrew Batt, who recently joined PropertyGuru as Regional Group Editor. The UK native is an award-winning journalist who has worked in Southeast Asia for six years. He was most recently based in Bangkok, where he was responsible for licensing the Thai edition of the Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and served as Publishing Director for luxury property magazine Property Report South East Asia.
Batt said: "The PropertyGuru will be providing readers in Singapore with exclusive content to educate and inspire, and ultimately help them make more informed decisions. Print is facing many challenges around the world, but I believe that readers will gravitate towards quality editorial no matter what the medium."
The PropertyGuru newspaper launch caps off a busy few months for the PropertyGuru Group, which has included overseas expansions and 5 industry award wins.
Ms Winnie Khoo, Chief Marketing Officer
Contact number: +65 6238 5971
About PropertyGuru Group:
PropertyGuru was founded in 2006 as a self-funded company, with a vision to make the property search process a breeze for buyers, sellers and investors. Taking advantage of Asia's growing affluence for property and the online boom, it received its first VC investment funding in 2008. Since then, the company has grown rapidly, reaping profits and positive cashflow in 2009 and tripling its revenue growth in 2010.
PropertyGuru is now Asia's leading online property portal, with a presence in 10 countries, including offices in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and partnerships with leading property websites in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Vietnam, China and Macau. It has almost 7 million buyers viewing approximately 60 million property pages monthly, with a growing database of 350,000 opted-in buyers and over 15,000 real estate agents.
PropertyGuru provides an integrated media platform that real estate developers and agencies can use to promote their brands and generate sales leads. The entire PropertyGuru community boasts 370,000 residential and commercial properties and clients include almost 1,000 prominent developers from Asia, Europe and the Americas, as well as over 15,000 real estate agents in Asia.
PropertyGuru has also won multiple awards, including the Overseas Property Professional "Best Online Media (Gold) Award 2011" and "Best Online Service (Silver) Award 2011", Red Herring "Top 100 Asia Technology Award 2011", Hitwise "No.1 Website in the Property Industry" award, the Singapore IT Federation (SITF) award for "Best Mobile Application (Merit) 2011" and "E-Enterprise Company 2010", the Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA) award for "Best Performing VC Backed Company 2010", Marketing Magazine's "Top Digital Media of the Year 2010" award, CNBC World's "Best Property Portal Award 2009" and the "Google Zeitgeist Singapore 9th Fastest Rising Search Term 2009" award.