The future projections are presented for the base case, conservative case and aggressive case scenario providing an insight on the prospects in the IMFL industry. market research reports
IMFL registered a consumption of more than ~ million cases in FY’2010 from a consumption level of around 135 million cases in FY’2005. This industry has maintained a steady growth of around 10%. The market grew by 11.7% in FY’2010 from the consumption volume of around ~ million cases in FY’2009.
IMFL is the second largest segment in the Indian alcoholic beverage industry. This market has been further bifurcated into Whisky, Rum, Brandy, Vodka and Gin. Whisky is the most consumed type of IMFL having a market share of ~% with consumption volume of ~ million cases in FY’2010. Whisky’s market share is decreasing over the period, having lost 2% to other segments (mainly vodka and brandy) over the past 5 years
Vodka is the fastest growing IMFL segment in India. Its growth is rapidly increasing due to increase in pubs, hotels, restaurants, evolving nightlife and consumer preferences. It has grown over the past 5 years at a CAGR of 44.4%.
Indian brandy market is the third largest segment in the IMFL industry. Brandy market clocked consumption of ~ million cases in FY’2010 from just 19.4 million cases in FY ’2005. This market has registered a 15.2% growth from the previous year (FY’2009) consumption of ~ million cases. Over the period of 5 years, the brandy market has grown at a CAGR of 13.8%. The per capita income of brandy is ~ litres in FY’2010, which has grown in 5 years at a CAGR of 12.2%
United Spirits Ltd. (USL) is the leading company holding a market share of ~% and registering sales of ~ million cases in FY’2010, followed by Pernod Ricard which has a market share of ~% and sales of ~ million cases. There is a close competition between Radico Khaitan and Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) holding ~% and ~% of market share respectively.
The McDowell’s portfolio which includes McDowell’s No.1 whisky, McDowell’s No.1 Brandy, McDowell’s No.1 Celebration Rum etc. has registered sales of over ~ million cases in FY’2011. These brands are also the leading sellers in the world in their respective categories.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
• The market size of IMFL industry including Whisky, Rum, Vodka, Brandy and Gin on the basis of consumption and per capita consumption
• Government regulations affecting the alcoholic beverage and IMFL
• Market segmentation of the IMFL and Brandy market
• Recent trends and developments in the industry
• Competitive landscape of the various players operating in the country in IMFL market
• Company profiles of leading players in IMFL market
• Future outlook on the basis of assumed scenarios i.e. base case, worst case and aggressive case on IMFL (Whisky, Rum, Vodka, Brandy and Gin) consumption and per capita consumption in India, from 2011-2015
For more information kindly visit :
Contact us at :
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27578668 / +91 22 27579438
Fax: +91 22 27579131
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/
# # #
Bharatbook.com is the leading business information aggregator and an easy access to more than 150,000 market reports.