Cape Town, South Africa – October 28, 2011 – Cape Town cycling has not only become extremely popular thanks to the spectacular scenery, but also because of the annual Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour held here. The race is the largest timed cycling event in the world; it starts in Cape Town before winding its way around the entire Cape Peninsula over a route of nearly 110 km and ending in the city again. Hotels are overbooked during March every year and guests are advised to book accommodation well in advance.
Cape Argus Cycle Challenge Accommodation for Supporters and Riders
When the Cape Argus cycle challenge passes by De Noordhoek Hotel, riders have completed nearly 80 km of the route and are just about to start the climb up the intimidating Chapman's Peak Drive with its breathtaking views. Of course, Chapman's Peak is not the final climb of the challenge; Suikerbossie still lies ahead at the 93 km mark – an excruciating 2 km climb that taxes riders' endurance to the limit. Supporters of the Cape Argus cycle challenge enjoy staying over at De Noordhoek, because they are perfectly positioned to offer their support as the cyclists near the tough climb.
The Disadvantages of Staying in the City
There are disadvantages to staying in Cape Town itself if you are here for the Argus or even if you are just into Cape Town cycling and wish to find the perfect spot to operate from to explore the Peninsula by bicycle:
• The city of Cape Town is not terribly bicycle-friendly and besides the traffic congestion, noise and pollution, the streets are narrow and there are few places where cyclists can ride in safety.
• Cape Town is simply too far away from the southern extremities of the Peninsula to make it practical even for avid cyclists to realistically explore the Peninsula by bicycle with Cape Town as their base.
The Advantages of Noordhoek Accommodation
On the other hand, Noordhoek is the perfect spot for the best possible Cape Town cycling experience and there are many reasons for this:
• Its central location on the Cape Peninsula's western coastline places it equidistant to all the extremities of the Peninsula that you would reasonably want to visit with a bicycle.
• Noordhoek Farm Village is awash with fascinating arts & crafts shops, superb eateries and beauty and lifestyle services in a leafy, tranquil setting with our hotel posing as its manor house.
• As previously mentioned, our hotel is ideal for Cape Argus participants and supporters, as it is situated on the race route; additionally, it is also on the Two Oceans Marathon route.
• Noordhoek Beach is just around the corner; an 8-km stretch of white sand that is perfect for evening strolls or outings on horseback – it even has its own shipwreck.
• De Noordhoek Hotel – the best four-star accommodation on the Peninsula
Whether you want to indulge in some Cape Town cycling or you are just staying on the Peninsula for a vacation, you will find De Noordhoek Hotel's four-star accommodation fully inclusive of everything. There are no fewer than twenty rooms and four of these are wheelchair-friendly, with low fixtures, mirrors and fittings and with roll-in showers and shower seats. Eight rooms allow for interleading pairs, especially for parties travelling together and families and all units are fitted as standard with air conditioning, DStv, high-speed Internet, tea- and coffee-making facilities, hairdryer and a laptop-sized electronic safe.
Other Facilities and Services
Besides being fit for any Cape Town cycling or leisure vacation, there are other hotel facilities available as well, like:
• a private courtyard garden and swimming pool
• luggage holding service
• conference venue
• secure parking
• a guest lounge with a bar and fireplace
• 24-hour information and reception services
The conferencing space can accommodate up to 38 delegates seated cinema-style and there is a lot of natural light and ventilation, although the space is also air conditioned and heatable. Dimming down lights are standard, as are a whiteboard/flip chart stand, ADSL Internet, telephone, television, tables and chairs.
Clearly, De Noordhoek Hotel offers a compelling and comprehensive accommodation offering for anyone with a penchant for Cape Town cycling or even if you just want to relax on the beautiful Cape Peninsula. Visits http://www.denoordhoek.co.za